Saturday, September 27, 2014

It's that time of year again !!

Time to de- hair the legs and expose them to sunlight  !  They are not a pretty sight, after months of being hidden behind trousers and tights, but it has to be done...  I bought a tube of self tanning goo at the chemist on Friday, with the hope of dulling the blinding whiteness, and now feel ready to face the outside world... Pity it's another cold day and bare legs are out of the question....

Not a lot happening here.  The spring garden is taking a lot of my time but the place does look pretty and doesn't encourage us to proceed with thought of leaving here..

School holidays here so we are off to Auckland this week to catch up with the family there.  Looking forward to that, we haven't seen them since June.

Good to have news of Jane. I have often wondered about her.

Enjoy the w/end.
Marion

3 Comments:

At September 29, 2014 at 6:02 PM , Blogger RoseyP said...

Marion, at least you're brave enough to 'bare' your legs...mine are covered most of the summer in protection of mosquitoes. This year we had an infestation that lasted until Labour Day week-end when the nights turned colder and the dew fell heavy. No self respecting mosquito would have made it through the heavy dew. So they disappeared. I keep my legs covered because going outside and being attacked by these miserable beasties is very, very annoying.
Enjoy your break up north.
Rosey

 
At September 30, 2014 at 3:01 PM , Blogger Marion in NZ. said...

I react badly to any insect bite so I would find the mosquitoes very off- putting ! No such problems here I'm pleased to say. In some areas of NZ they have a the sand fly (a bit like the Scottish midges) and I keep well covered there. Here I can go bare legged for six months of the year..

 
At October 4, 2014 at 4:43 PM , Blogger Doris W. in TN said...

Marion - I smiled when I read this post of yours because I say the very same exact thing about my white legs when the warm weather arrives. I also warn people to wear polarized sunglasses, until a bit of suntan is in place. ;-)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home