Saturday, September 20, 2014

checking in . . .

SARA in FLORIDA - did you receive the email I sent you with Jane in NC's two email addresses that I had?

ROSEY P. - Thank you for the update on Jane.   I am sorry to hear about the latest news with her, as she was always an independent person.  I have lost track of how many years she has lived in that house, but I do remember the other car accident and the creek, etc.

I don't blame Jane at all for not wanting to live in the desert.  My allergies cannot handle it.
 DH and I just returned from Salt Lake City, Utah, where he attended a business-related convention.   Our hotel was in the downtown area and was lovely.  Salt Lake City is very clean and beautiful, and we were quite impressed with it.  But there was something in the air that aggravated my allergies.  Ugh...  lots of post nasal drainage and the accompanying sore throat, raspy voice, etc.

    Every time I have gone to the southwest (Phoenix/Scottsdale, AZ;  Palm Springs, CA; Salt Lake City, UT;  Colorado Springs, CO)  I have terrible allergy problems and come home feeling sick, only to bounce back 24 hours after returning home.  I think I am done with that type climate and will refuse to go anywhere like that, again.

SIGNS OF WINTER --- Hhhmmm..... I'm seeing large spider webs again this fall, the squirrels are busy raiding our pin oak trees of their acorns, and the ants are quite busy outside, too. It will be interesting to see if we have another polar vortex winter!

1 Comments:

At September 21, 2014 at 2:51 AM , Blogger Laura in IA said...

Doris, I don't think I can survive another Polar Vortex. It would probably be easier if they did not try to frighten us with every weather forecast they make.

Our local university meteorologist pointed out that El Nino would have an effect on our winter and that normally gives us a milder winter. Made me feel better right away. Then he proceeded to say the El Nino in 2010 had just the opposite affect and we had a cold winter. My take away from the article was he told it like it is - 50-50 chance, but he chose to emphasize the positive chance. I like that.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home