Monday, September 15, 2014

Modes of transport....

Lovely photos thank you Rosey.  Well done to that young couple with a babe in arms and a toddler in the carriage behind ! Wouldn't have been my idea of fun , when my girls were that age  !   Nice to be able to fly around the country.  When we had our little 'plane we did enjoy dropping in to visit friends who had room for us to land.  We leased our plane to the Aero Club while we were overseas years ago, and  a student crashed it.  We did get insurance money ofcourse but decided to buy a boat with that .  It was a more "user friendly" toy and could be used by us all... all that's a long time ago... Now we have neither  ! DH . still gets the chance to fly, thanks to our neighbours who have a plane and an airstrip next to their house.

Lots of people here are favouring converted buses as a chosen form of transport/holidaying.   We were quietly sitting in the garden on Sunday when a bus came chugging up our drive.  A cousin of the DH and his wife. They bought an old school bus and have done it up beautifully.  Very cosy,  and with everything you could possibly need for a 48yhr break away. I could be tempted..

Election week here this week and all sorts of things going on... I'll be pleased when Saturday has come and gone so that we can settle down and get on with the job of running the country !

Off to a funeral now.  Friends of ours took the risk of going over to Europe for a holiday, leaving three parents, aged 90 and beyond. behind.  The parents were all in reasonable health. Unfortunately the fittest one fell last week, had a head bleed, and ultimately died..  Our friends were within a week of finishing their trip so flew home at the w/end.   Sad way to end the trip but the risk was always there..

Enjoy the day.
Marion.

4 Comments:

At September 17, 2014 at 4:12 PM , Blogger Marion in NZ. said...

So....where is everybody ??

 
At September 17, 2014 at 11:15 PM , Blogger Bee said...

I am here! I was also thinking the same thing but decided to quilt instead of posting. I have found a half finished lap quilt and decided to quilt it for my old coffer which is now in the light,nowhere else to put it so it needs to be covered from the sun. Mind you not much sun here at the moment I was quite cold until I put the heat on .

 
At September 18, 2014 at 12:21 AM , Blogger Marion in NZ. said...

Maybe its just you and I left Bee...!!! Nice to hear from you. I hear from DD that you've had quite a few cold and wet days up there... Hope it improves , we are due to visit in early October!
Don't forget to vote on Saturday !

 
At September 18, 2014 at 2:44 PM , Blogger Bee said...

I will be voting although I am so upset with the way the people are acting with each other,sound like kids at school. I have actually turned all the politics off on radio and TV. They are not really saying anything different,just like the sound of their own voices. .....The way the weather is behaving I would stay at home, it is awful and I keep rembering I have a three year old birthday tomorrow,this kid will play in thr rain and wind all day. Nana is going to keep dry somehow.Going to shower,breakfast and then quilt.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home