Thursday, September 4, 2014

Oh no !!!!

Our computer has been away for over a week and certain things have been upgraded and/ or replaced....  All bad news for me as I don't like change, especially where things like computers are concerned.... However, I will persevere and try to tame the beast.  I was happy on the IPad but DH is quite protective of it and not keen to share... I could get one for myself but why would we want three such instruments of torture in the house..

Well, that's interesting .....I wrote the above on the computer and then it disappeared from view ! Lost and gone forever  thought I...but ...no.  Here I am , an hour later, sitting by the fire with the IPad and thinking that I should try again and...low and behold...there was the beginning of my "post".. under drafts  !?!  Why ??  Who knows ?!

Rosey,...I won't be signing up for the dance class !  It all looked very strange to me ..?

Mary Jo. Great to read all your news and quite inspirational too.

Four years today since the first of our devastating earthquakes. A very scary day for all Cantabrians and little did we realise at the time, it was just the beginning... We've had over four and half thousand quakes over magnitude 3 since then.   Christchurch is still full of empty spaces as the city is gradually being dismantled.  Evidently only about half of the road works have been completed and there are still many homes waiting to be demolished .

Bee, I've been wishing that my garden consisted of four window boxes , like yours !!  I've spent far too much time in the garden this week and my poor hands are very sore !  I picked up some knitting last night and could hardly hold the needles !  The garden looks good though and all ready for the warmer weather which will encourage growth !  Too soon to plant out the vegetable garden though, in the past we have lost all plants to a late frost..

Im getting "looks" from the DH...seems he wants his IPad back !   I won't give up on the computer but I can see that it's going to be a challenge.   I went to send an email to DD this afternoon and her contacts details didn't come up...on checking I found that the contact list wasn't there at all !  I phoned our computer man and he said he would be come up to fix that soon....hey ho ..

Enjoy the day,
Marion .







5 Comments:

At September 4, 2014 at 9:19 PM , Blogger RoseyP said...

Marion, three instruments of electronic torture...I love it. you couldn't have said it better. I was the one who said: we don't need a computer in this house until himself got one and I got on it...then I bought myself one. Now I have just an old fashioned cell phone, he has a fancy Android. He gets texts, sends texts, and wants me to learn how to do it on my phone. Cripes, having that thing shake and tremble in the pocket of my pants, well, it may be the only thing that shakes in my pants at my age now but I'm darned if I want to be controlled by someone sending me texts...my life wouldn't be my own any more.

Shocking reality of the earthquake in Christchurch. What is going to happen to the city, I wonder. It must hang like a spectre over everyone's head living around the area. Scary.... You might be safer staying where you are, garden or not...
Rosey

 
At September 5, 2014 at 6:45 PM , Blogger Bee said...

I have just decided to purchase a laptop, bad choice, had to get windows 8 not good but I am stuck with it, practise every night but really don't seem to be making much headway. So prefer my older computer. Living at the same addy as a crowd of computer geeks whose gadgets just about dance on their own makes me feel an complete idiot.

 
At September 5, 2014 at 9:15 PM , Blogger RoseyP said...

Bee, this is an electronic generation...but the radiation from these devices concerns me...on down the line in the future will these kids all suffer from cancer?
Don't feel like an idiot...I've watched a friend totally controlled by her quivering device...and yes, it's electronic...
Rosey

 
At September 5, 2014 at 11:02 PM , Blogger Marion in NZ. said...

Quivering devices ???!!! Rosey...you do have way with words !
I do have a mobile phone (a very ancient one..) Not many people have my number and those who do understand that it's by no means certain that I will hear it or respond to it...first I have to find my glasses, then I have to find the phone...

 
At September 9, 2014 at 8:44 PM , Blogger Doris W. in TN said...

Bee - I've not heard many positive things about Windows 8. When I bought a new desktop a year ago, I made sure I could still get Windows 7. Many people get Win8 figured out, though. I hope you will.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home