Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Tuesday

My computer has finally been taken away to be "fixed" !! I am bravely doing this on the IPad so I hope it works for me.

A busy day in the garden today.  I'm a bit ahead of myself. The weather could still turn very cold and wintery   It is still August after all, and Sept can be just as cold as may mid winter month. I  can't help myself if the weather is sunny and warm though, just have to get out there and feel the dirt under the fingers nails... !!

It's nice to be able to do this sitting around the fine instead of sitting at the computer desk. Maybe I should get an IPad of my own !

Off to visit the friend who had the stroke tomorrow. I go every Wednesday. I move her upper limbs through their range of movement to,try to,prevent stiffness and we play a few games to try to engage the thinking processes.  She tires quickly so we have frequent breaks .  She always seems pleased to see me and seems able to indicate "Yes" and "no" She no longer receives any therapy as she has failed to show signs of improvement.  It takes two,people to move her and she is still unable to speak. It's six months since her stroke.

This machine seems to be putting commas randomly .... I don't know why !

Booked to,fly up to Auckland at the beginning of Oct.  Seems ages since we saw the family so,we'll enjoy a week up there with them. DGD rang to tell me that she is going off on holiday with her boy friend ?!?  She is very excited !   How times change ! When I was her age (nearly,19)  I was lucky to be allowed out on a date with my boy friend ... And the last person I would
 have told about that was my grandmother !

5 Comments:

At August 26, 2014 at 7:28 AM , Blogger RoseyP said...

Marion, times surely have changed, indeed. We were very protected until marriage in those days. I'm not saying that there was anything wrong with that either because it led us into a commitment of marriage in which we were expected to take seriously regardless of what may happen. Nowadays, running this B&B, I see many independent women with jobs and good jobs of their own, which is what should happen so that women can be independent. But I also see, because of birth control many lonely women who would like a commitment from a man who is, as they say, getting the advantage of the times with no commitment.
I wish I had fingernails for dirt to get under...
Rosey

 
At August 26, 2014 at 6:18 PM , Blogger Fran (Sth Aust) said...

We no longer stay with my sister if we go down to Adelaide over a weekend. Her 2 adult children both still live at home (of course!) and each of them have their 'other half' come to stay Friday and Saturday nights! "Our" bedroom is/was in between their two with the bathroom opposite. So our visits are not encouraged at those times and I wouldn't want to anyway - much too close for comfort however lovely the two 'extras' are. Or is it because Graham snores? mmmm LOL
Marion, I'm sure your friend looks forward to your weekly visits and caring attention. Enjoy the trip north. xxx

 
At August 27, 2014 at 2:20 PM , Blogger Bee said...

I had to go and purchase a nail brush yesterday. I am in garden mode but can't seem to keep my gloves on. I start off with them on and then one gets thrown off then the other. I just had to put my baby lettuces in the window box, so I can reach them from the deck, to take a few leaves for my lunch Yum .

 
At August 27, 2014 at 4:17 PM , Blogger Marion in NZ. said...

Oh ! Well done Bee ! It's considerably warmer where you are so your garden will be well ahead of mine ! I have the same problem with gardening gloves ! Just need to feel that soil with the finger tips .

 
At August 27, 2014 at 5:45 PM , Blogger Bee said...

I didn't tell you my garden at the moment consists of 3 large windowboxes LOL just enough to get dirty. Miss my big garden so much but life gets in the way .

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home