Thursday, August 21, 2014

Would you believe Thank You notes in the mail!

After all that venting yesterday, and my DH home painting walls, etc.  Today he is at work, and a big envelope of Thank You notes came in today's mail.  It's hard for me to realize how life for her with 4 teen boys, almost on the Canadian border, and out in the country is.  I had the rare privilege of a phone call and we talked for over an hour.  They really ARE grateful for our help, so it is good to know.
They don't know that I will cherish the Thank You notes forever.  I have a small stack of them, all in their handwriting, from over the years.
Quilting really does bring people together, and had brought joy, and will continue to bring joy and pleasure into my life.  Recently I signed up for a "purse" class at a nearby quilt shop.  Not that I need another purse, but need to girl-time, talk time, fun time.  I don't do well with isolation.
So good to see pictures of new baby, etc.  Hard to wrap my head that Bee is so cold, we have "heat warnings"  that the heat with the humidity is 110, about 96 reg. temp.
Good think my DH works in the office at the air conditioning office, the younger men go out to make the house calls.
Reading BLOCK, the Missouri Star Qt. Co. -they call it a magazine, more of a book, or work or art.  It came yesterday.   one quote is "I believe that families and friends are at their best when they mirror that flock of geese flying in a V.  Sometimes we have the energy to lead the way and other times we need to lean on others".  --We do that here, and family and extended friends - and others touch our lives.
Sara in Fla.

2 Comments:

At August 21, 2014 at 5:46 PM , Blogger Fran (Sth Aust) said...

So glad those letters arrived for you, and that you also had a chance to have a phone chat as well! And yes, THOSE letters are never ever thrown away. Hugs.

 
At August 23, 2014 at 5:39 PM , Blogger Mary in Oregon said...

So happy the notes arrived! It IS aggravating to not get Thank You notes. Especially if mailing something and adding the worry of IF the item arrived. I never got any sort of notice of a wedding quilt that I'd made for a nephew and his bride. That was very worrisome. Finally asked the mother if it had gotten there and she thought it had. I didn't make any more quilts for that family. :-(

Anyway, glad you got your notes, Sara!

Mary in Oregon

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home