Thursday, August 21, 2014

quilt friends

I have made more friends through quilting in the 30 years I have been ivolved than any other way, besides the joy of working with the fabric. Every where I go I meet quilters and it is so wonderful to catch up with their news and families. I don't make bed quilts anymore but still play with bits of fabric. I have taught quilting and that was wonderful I love to talk and to be able to show others what I so enjoy and get them hooked as well as my lot makes my day. Grandaughter no 1 wants to start but I will have to find something very quick,attention span , and hand done.She is a prosecuting lawyer and has to go to courts around the country so something like a small quilt project would be wonderful for her. Take her mind off the stress. It will have to be easy as she doesn't even sew!!!!!! Any ideas will be gratefully received.It is 4degrees here and I am going to have a nice warm shower and sit in the sun . Mmmmmmmmmm join me anyone? hugs Bee in a very cold NZ.

3 Comments:

At August 23, 2014 at 4:26 AM , Blogger Laura in IA said...

Bee I am going to suggest for a non sewer,though not hand work, "Stack and Slash". Google that phrase. If that turns out to be pleasurable experience continue on with books by Karla Alexander which shows creative variations of the technique. My sister actually introduced me to Karla's books after I taught her "Stack and Slash" in an evening. DD#2 whipped out 3 as Christmas gifts one year. It has real potential for busy professionals to complete.

 
At August 23, 2014 at 5:42 PM , Blogger Mary in Oregon said...

I don't have any clever suggestions but would love to hear what, if anything, you come up with Bee! Keep us posted!

So happy your move has gone so well for you. I think of you often and am pleased that things have gone nicely.

Hugz, Mary in Oregon

 
At August 23, 2014 at 6:50 PM , Blogger Fran (Sth Aust) said...

I agree with Mary, Bee. Would love to hear what you ended up with.
Laura, I am going to have a look at the Stack and Slash ones too. Fast works well for me lol

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home