Saturday, August 9, 2014

this and that

MaryJo, so pleased you are thinking again,the hospice are wonderful and need all the help they can get. I still weep at times, we were married 48 years, a long time and I miss him so much.My memories make me laugh , his sense of humour was amazing, we spent a lot of time trying to keep serious but it never worked. Whenever I feel sad I remember some of the daft things we did and I smile again. He was a golfer,fisherman and hunter, never a handyman,should be underlined and in capitals. Very very wise and witty,ask my boys!!!! Rosey, love Tai chi I use the stork exersize and it has helped my balance a lot.I may look odd standing there but at my age who cares.My exersizes are given to me by my cleaner and even my back is better. She is a reg nurse and has done courses in helping older people,I know there is a word for that but can't spell it .I think as one grows older a sense of humour is most important,each morning I wake up, feeling s### and then try to think of something stupid I have done recently ,very easy,it happens alot. Great news, I have a chair it has arrived, no sofas yet but a chair is so important, Gus is estatic he has his back again. Mine is another leather lazy boy with all the trimmings, pressa button and all sorts of things happen so far have had a problem keeping the family out of it and playing with it,not the little ones supposedly the adults. Thinking of MaryJo 's son posting one, so heavy I don't think our Post would do it.It is quicker to get mail from the UK than the South Island. Time to think of planting salads, in pots ,in case of frosts but I am over winter soups and needing fresh greens,my son, who has been reading over my shoulder,is muttering about rabbits, he is here for his Sunday pancake. If he expects sensible comments from me he has never known his mother. HUgs to all and enjoy the Fall . Bee in a 3 degrees NZ.

3 Comments:

At August 9, 2014 at 6:10 PM , Blogger Sara in Florida said...

Bee- I would have never have thought of mailing a Lazy-Boy recliner! My DH finally gave up on the Lazy-Boys (notice there are never any Lazy-Girl chairs) and got the leather Stress-Less with footstool. It is a bit low to the ground, but once you are there it is really good.
We have had lots of 95-96 degree days here and the dollar weeds (about the size of a silver dollar US) are growing in the mulch. The mulch looked great back in March & April, not so great in August. Still showing the house, 2 below par offers, everyone wants something good for below par prices.
I love my yoga class, but the only Tai Chi class I tried everyone there had "bonded" and knew the moves and I was way over my head. Never went back.
Sara in Hot & humid Fla.

 
At August 9, 2014 at 6:30 PM , Blogger Bee said...

I would have loved the stress less but I couldn't get out of one. would have suited my house much better.

 
At August 10, 2014 at 6:18 PM , Blogger MJ said...

Thanks, Bee. I miss my John also. He was wise and witty, with a quirky way of observing life. His last words were 'thank you' for a bath. That says a lot about a person, knowing to thank another. I am so grateful to hospice for allowing him to remain home and die with dignity. Great organization.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home