Thursday, July 24, 2014

Checking in . . .

JILL - Thank you for the photos from the Sisters quilt show.  Great pic of you and Mary, too. All the quilts are beautiful, and it looks like it was a beautiful day full of sunshine and good weather, too.

Oh, and Jill, my iPad mini arrived quickly and I am really enjoying it.   It is leaps and bounds better for email and internet use than my Kindle Fire HD.   I got the WiFi only version, as I don't need 3G and paying $20/mo for it.   Sound quality (for music) is slightly better on the Kindle Fire, but email and internet browsing is what I really use a tablet for.

ROSEY P - I love your new curtains! They are so light and airy, and very Swedish-looking.   They would bring joy to any room I am in. 
 And of course, there is an ad at the top of the BBChat page for Gudrun Söjen.  LOL

SARA - I hope you're having a nice visit to San Francisco.   I've never been there.   DH has, and he enjoyed the tour of Alcatraz.

We had a break from the heat, over July 4th weekend, and it's been horribly humid and hot here ever since.   Really, though, it has not been a hot summer as far as temperatures go.   I'm ready for autumn, though.   I am finding that the older I get, the less I am able to survive the humidity + high temps outdoors.

Hugs to everyone!

1 Comments:

At July 25, 2014 at 5:45 AM , Blogger RoseyP said...

Doris, I loved your comment about the curtains being very Swedish. I've long admired the Swedish decorating, the clean lines, the whites used in painting and furniture, the vibrant colours used as well...Oddly enough, I have one Gudrun Sjoden outfit that Meg, our youngest Aussie, does not like. She does not like the colour red. I had a jumper on yesterday, full length, in vibrant red and she runs from me each time she sees this. I wasn't aware that dogs can see colour though they appear to do so..must check this on the internet. But from your trip to Sweden, you've made an interesting observation that I'd never considered. Thanks,
Rosey

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home