Tuesday, August 19, 2014

A.W.L.

I feel as if I've been Absent Without Leave...Our computer has been giving us problems..Takes forever to get onto a page and I haven't been in the mind set to deal with that... DH keeps saying he will get it fixed and still I wait..   Now that I have finally got onto the page I haven't got time to "post" !!  Today is the day I visit the friend who had the devastating stroke in February.  She is in care now, unable to speak or stand, her world reduced to one room...
We still have a few winter months to cope with here, but the signs of spring are definitely out there and that's always an encouragement.!   We have had some mild days and I have enjoyed spending time in the garden.
Hope to post some photos of the view from our gateway later.  DH has the camera with him so I'll have to wait until he comes home... When we had the hurricane force winds last Sept, which took out thousand s of trees in Canterbury (including hundreds of our own) it changed the landscape and we now have an amazing view from the end of our drive.   We also have a very exposed home and garden which isn't such good news but we will replant and hope that the new trees won't take too long to grow !..
Better go. I'll try again tonight...
Marion .

2 Comments:

At August 19, 2014 at 6:08 PM , Blogger Fran (Sth Aust) said...

Glad to see your post, Marion. I know I should be posting as well but still a bit up in the air right now. I hope you got my email a couple of weeks ago, or should I resend it when your computer is fixed? What sort of trees would you grow - are there any that are quite fast growing? Can't remember what you had before........ Hugs, Fran

 
At August 19, 2014 at 10:27 PM , Blogger Marion in NZ. said...

Hi Fran, Yes I did get your very exciting email, thank you ! I think you should share your good news here. It's an amazing story ! The trees we lost were the pine trees at the back of the house. Two rows of shelter belt trees which protected us from the Easterly wind. It cost us $9000 to get them cleared away ! Nothing for the timber, as Canterbury was littered with trees and the main thing was just to get rid of the mess...! hey ho....

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home