Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Good morning from "cooler" Florida

It's so hard for me to wrap my head around those in Australia and N.Z. looking forward to October to be "warmer" when I'm waiting for October to be cooler.  It will be a high of  88 or 89 today, somewhat better than the 98 and 100 of Friday and Sat.
Brought several of my mother's polyester double knit pants home to try to get the stains out Monday. Those things will still be here when I'm dead!  I think they are going in the trash, as they are so stained from food and coffee, that they will never be clean again.   Going to re-hem the nightgown, then pitch the polyester shirt with food stains.  The commercial laundry there at the nursing home gets the basics, but no stain effort is done.
I get a laugh of those who want to garden.  I'm SO tired of pulling and killings weeds.  They are "growing like weeds" in the mulch beds, etc.  I hate to use poison, but have been using "Roundup" on the weeds that just keep growing.
Cleaned out another kitchen junk drawer, and found 25 rubber bands, 10 or so scratch pads, etc.  Lots of pens and pencils.  Going to try to quilt for 1 hr. before going to Chiro. Dr. today.  DH needs work on his neck, and refuses to go, so we are having a joint appt.  My right hip goes "bonkers" once a month or so. . .. . don't know why.  Maybe driving a car?  American cars are made for right handed people, and I'm a lefty, maybe that's part of it.
American football is on in pre-season.  Tomorrow night I'm sitting down with a bowl of pop-corn and watching some.
Trying to call DD again, SIL having vision, other health problems.  I think they are using the computer for hours without proper desks.  She mentioned one son with headaches, and when he stopped all the computer games, and went and did other things the headaches went away.
Sara in Fla.
 

2 Comments:

At August 30, 2014 at 8:40 AM , Blogger Doris W. in TN said...

Sara - stains on polyester are a nightmare. Try soaking them in Biz and use very warm water, but keep it under 120°F or the heat will kill off the enzymes.

I prefer using Biz to the oxygen (color-safe) bleaches, because the enzymes will eat the food stains and not lighten the color as much.

I also prefer the powder form of Biz because the perfume is not as strong and washes out quite well. I cannot be around all that scented stuff.

 
At August 30, 2014 at 5:45 PM , Blogger Sara in Florida said...

Thanks Doris. I did use the BIz. Most of the stains are 2-3 years old, so they didn't come out. I threw away the 2 pr. of pants. Ordered some yoga pants for myself from Target.com, so got another pair for her. They are elastic and stretchy, hope they come Tues. Hope they fit, but I can take them back to the local Target if they don't.
Have a great weekend.
Sara in Fla.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home