Sunday, September 7, 2014

Rosey's friend made #1 on best seller list

On reading today's paper I see that Louise Penny, Rosey's good friend is #1 on best seller list, "The Long Way Home" Chief Inspector  Armand Gamache .  I haven't read it or checked out Amazon.com , so don't know what is is about.
Anyone still in touch with Jane in N.C?  We are thinking about spending a week in her area of the USA, in October-November, and wanted to get in touch with her if she is still there.  We like the Sylva-Dillsboro, Highlands area of N.C.  It's been about 10-12 years since we've been there.
I think we are taking the 2 dogs, so will have to rent a cabin.
Finished my purse class yesterday.  It was fun once I got it figured out.  Still having eye problems, will se eye Dr. at 9:30 AM tomorrow.
Sara in Fla.

3 Comments:

At September 7, 2014 at 7:57 PM , Blogger RoseyP said...

Sara, Just called Jane, the phone was picked up, heard television in the background, it hung up, called again, it went to the message machine...so she is still at her home and her number is the same. I've left a message that you are trying to reach her. She has had my tel. number in the past, but my long distance carrier comes up as Distributel and she may have thought it was a solicitation. I'll let you know if I hear from her.

Just finished Louise Penny's last book, 'Long way Home'...and it's a different Gamache book, more philosophical, I only had ten days to read it in from the library as there is such a long waiting list and I wish that I had bought the book instead as I usually do. I don't find that I can read Louise's writing quickly. I may buy the book after all. Her insight into her characters and people is very good. And her character, Ruth, with her duck Rosa, continues to make me smile...she is a good writer but I would begin with her first book and work through one to eleven.
Rosey

 
At September 9, 2014 at 8:41 PM , Blogger Doris W. in TN said...

Sara - I have an email address for Jane and if I still have your email address, I will send it to you.

Rosey - I've read good comments on this latest book. My local library doesn't carry any of them for Kindle, only the audiobook versions....and I don't do audiobooks. Argh... I'll have to go broke buying them. ;-)

 
At September 10, 2014 at 12:26 PM , Blogger RoseyP said...

Doris, if you figure out why Jane didn't pick up the phone and if she is well or not, would someone please let us know.
Rosey

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home