Thursday, September 18, 2014

Mystery Solved

I feel that I should put up a picture of Inspector Clousou (sp) or Nancy Drew.  I called Jane Brown this morning and left my telephone number which I hadn't done before.  She called this evening and caught me up on what's been happening in her life.  She wasn't able to get onto this board as many can't and I  have no idea why this is happening other than the site must not be monitored by anyone now.  Jane's computer went t*ts up and so she got a small Mac and can't understand it at all...thinks she will have to hire someone to teach her how to use it.  All that aside, living on the side of a mountain in North Carolina takes some forbearance and the time has come, due to the fact that she is no longer driving, which I'll explain on further, for her to move.  She has one daughter in CA and another in Rochester, NY and since she doesn't like the desert, she is planning on getting herself up to the Rochester area to be near her one daughter.  This means emptying the house that she built after her husband died and which she has totally cluttered up...the daughters will come and help her get rid of things...they said.  Her two dogs will go to a neighbour who has always said they would take them as the dogs are used to mountain living and not confined to a city.  Sara, I looked up where your rental will be and it's nowhere near where Jane is....she is at least two and a half hours from Black Mtn. and you're further east than that with your rental, are you not?  She remembered you coming up from Fla to NC though.  Now, the reason Jane is no longer driving....she has sleep apnea.  When she came here to stay she brought a C-Pap machine but says she's not always faithful about using it, thus, she falls asleep anywhere and she fell asleep driving her car.  No-one else was involved in the accident but she totalled her car, wasn't injured.  I suspect the police and the criminal lawyer she went to see after the accident because she was going to be charged just wanted her off the road.  Which she is.  If you remember Jane had that accident where her car slid off the road and into a mountain river which fortunately a neighbour came along not long after and found her.  She's not doing much if any quilting as she's not motivated.  She fell getting water for the dogs not long ago and fractured her pelvis.  She ended up in such pain that she had to go to a residence for three months but came out early last June.  Her 80 yr. old brother from NM has been up a number of times to stay with her as well.  So that's about it, if she gets her Mac sorted out that she can use it, she might find her way onto the board but otherwise, she promised to stay in touch.
Rosey (I'm not checking this for spelling mistakes(

6 Comments:

At September 19, 2014 at 11:28 AM , Blogger Sara in Florida said...

Thank you so much Rosey for finding out all that info for me. You are right, we are not going to be near where she is living. About 1 hr. north, and not sure if east or west. It is sort-of north east on the Blue Ridge parkway.
I've been suffering with hay-fever -sinus stuff- for several weeks and finally broke down and made a Dr. appt. for this afternoon. Coughing, hacking, not sleeping, etc. Will let you know what he say. Hopefully can get me up and going again. Just trying to make 1 quilt sq. makes me tired, and my nose runs.
Sara in Fla.

 
At September 19, 2014 at 2:21 PM , Blogger RoseyP said...

You'll be well to the east of Jane, Sara and then she's south of Asheville by an hour, I think.

There are a lot of colds going around here as well as that dreadful and weakening flu bug. It's turned cool here. DH has his 78th B-day today and I took a picnic lunch out to the glider club where we wrapped up well and sat on the flight deck to eat. Baked a chocolate cake for him and the pilots all had a piece. One piece left when I left for home mid-afternoon....but the drop in temperatures is marked and I gather by the Farmer's Almanac that we're in for another bad winter.
Nice to catch up with Jane but she's had a lot of health issues since her DH died.

Enjoy your holiday Sara, the Blue Ridge Mountains are beautiful.
Rosey

 
At September 19, 2014 at 3:32 PM , Blogger Bee said...

so pleased you caught up with Jane,she is one fiesty lady. I imagine she needs to be off that mountain,it may be beautiful but her girls must have their hearts in their mouth everytime she goes out. I know how she feels with a new computer my DS1 borrowed mine and as he knew I was not happy with it suggested we did a swap,we haven't worked out what with but it will come.

 
At September 19, 2014 at 4:54 PM , Blogger RoseyP said...

Bee, I suspect many of us here now, limited as we are, are of a similar generation and many of our experiences and problems are not dissimilar. Jane has a large hill to come down to the mountain road and she tries to walk it everyday with the dogs but yes, I think everyone, including Jane, may feel better with her off the road. She still has that wonderful sense of humour but I'm aware that she is not hearing well....!!.....
Here comes DH, just in time for supper and to get the woodstove going again in the familyroom. The day is chilling down.
And yes, to all electronic devices, I think Marion posted a good comment on them a little while ago. Rosey

 
At September 20, 2014 at 6:03 PM , Blogger Doris W. in TN said...

SARA in FLORIDA - did you receive the email I sent you with Jane in NC's two email addresses that I had?

 
At September 20, 2014 at 6:25 PM , Blogger RoseyP said...

Doris, Jane's computer has died. She's trying to figure out her Apple...to no avail. She is not hooked up to the internet.
Rosey aka....

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home