Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Feed dogs not feeding?

I posted this on the other page, but since more people check here, will post here also.  I took the throat plate off to clean the area last week, dusted, etc.  Now the feed dogs are not grabbing the fabric, and the strips of fabric are sliding all around.  Never had this problem before.  Whenever I've cleaned in the past (not as often as I should) everything always "fit" back together well.  Anyone else ever had this problem?  I thought I had an "a-ha" moment in the wee hour s this morning that the screws just weren't tight enough, but they are OK.  Bobbin case OK, re-threaded bobbin.  Still the same.  Any solutions?  After tonight when DH gets here and checks it for me I may have to break down and take it in for service.  Hate to pay the $$, but may have to.
Thanks for your help.
Sara in Fla. who is somewhat better with the sinuses, waiting on the sun to shine.

3 Comments:

At September 24, 2014 at 11:44 AM , Blogger heather said...

Not sure whether this will help but on my older machines if the bobbin case 'finger' isn't in the opening of the throat plate after taking it off and replacing it back the machine won't sew.... Now this is for the bobbins that aren't the top drop in but at the side of the machine.....in paticular my Featherweight and singer 301.....

 
At September 24, 2014 at 2:39 PM , Blogger Sara in Florida said...

Thanks Heather-I re-checked that. Found out that a small amount of dust in feed dogs was clogging them. Brushed them, and they now work fine. Oh, so glad I read more on the internet, someone else had this problem. Couldn't SEE the dust, but that doesn't mean it's not there.
Sara in Fla.-

 
At October 4, 2014 at 4:43 PM , Blogger Doris W. in TN said...

Sara - What a relief that the feed dogs problem was so easily and quickly solved! Yay!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home