Friday, October 30, 2009

Well, first of all

I'm horrified, Marion, that you have shingles on your face and head...holy cow. I've had them around my waistline, a very typical place, but being environmentally sensitive and being achey all over most of the time, I ignored it until I was nearly on the mend. It felt like a bad case of the flu. They came back, in a sense, for several years afterwards, the tiny red dots. My friend, Penny, has had them on her head and I gather that they can be very painful there. You've had a very stressful and upsetting year with your sister, Brenda's death, and I often wonder if, when things like this happen, our immune systems become weaker due to stress leaving us prey for some immune system problem. Your wisteria reminded me of England; how beautiful. Please post green for the next few months so that we can enjoy it. Actually, we've had so much rain this year that our grass is still green although with streaks of yellow ochre threading through it. The pool is going to be closed today and that horrible grey vinyl blanket will go over top. When that happens, it's the last of our summer. I treated myself to paying a young woman to pull all the weeds and dead flowers from my gardens this year and it was the best gift to give myself. Last year it took me a week and a half to get the beds ready for winter. I'm just topping everything over with peat mulch now. Just wanted to say that I am feeling upset for you. It will take time to move on, Marion.

Jane, oddly enough, I have found that I am better off without wheat in my diet. I didn't eat a lot of bread but it's in pasta, etc. and the little wheat that I did eat was leaving my tummy looking like a loaf of puffed up bread. Once I eliminated that, the bloats and gas disappeared. But I think Laura's suggestion of eating smaller but more 'meals' makes more sense. The problem is that I can eat any man under the table and still repeat it the next day. It's just those extra few pounds around my waistline that makes doing up waistbands a tiny bit difficult...like maybe a good deal difficult. I'm glad you are feeling better. I can sympathize with not being able to walk on your feet. Mine were burning and painful all summer due to a gas leak in my car without my being able to pinpoint the problem as there was no apparent loss of fuel. There were tiny perferorations in my gas tank and the whole thing had to be replaced. Meanwhile, I burned up. I finally have found some wonderful shoes called Naots. They have helped tremendously...also having the gas tank replaced on my Nissan. Expensive both to my health and my pocketbook.

The fog is lifting this morning. Guests coming tonight. Actually, I don't eat before feeding guests. For some reason I can't cook breakfast for them on a full tummy for myself. Strange. I think with age, we change shape and the fat gets redistributed in places we'd prefer it not to be.

Rosey

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home