Thursday, October 29, 2009

Wisteria...


Thought you might enjoy seeing this, it's looking so pretty today, even though we had heavy rain and cold temperatures again last night.
All strength to the walkers ! I used to walk an hour a day and felt (and looked) better for it ! The use of the countryside around us has changed and now we have huge irrigaters everywhere , electric fences and herds of cows, all of which make walking difficult. I have joined a walking group and once a week we go for a 10-15 klm walk but I think a short walk every day is better value health and weight wise...
I am feeling slightly sorry for myself this week as I have got shingles on my face and head. Started last w/end with sharp pains and tenderness of the scalp. The Dr was very sympathetic. and prescribed a huge amount of drugs, they have certainly taken the pain away but for someone who never takes a tablet , they are proving to be a real challenge.. Some are the size of golf balls and get stuck every time... Yes please, I'll take some cheese with my wine... I do know that, on a scale of one to ten, shingles would hardly rate, but for me, this is difficult as it's the first time I've been sick in the 45yrs we've been married...
Looking forward to a quiet w/end and some warmer weather !
Marion.

5 Comments:

At October 30, 2009 at 1:47 AM , Blogger Laura in IA said...

Marion you have every right to whine about shingles. I have heard that it is dreadful and goes on longer than one would hope. Take care. P.S. Two New Zealanders joined us on the bus from Iowa to Houston this year. What a fun experience for us all.

 
At October 30, 2009 at 5:42 AM , Blogger Laura in Alabama said...

Shingles are horrible! I've never had the misfortune, thank God, but those I know that have had them have been miserable. If your doctor is sympathetic, take the drugs! Ask if you can cut them in half if they're too big.

 
At October 30, 2009 at 7:45 AM , Blogger loradora said...

I am sorry about the shingles, but jealous about the beautiful weather. Here in Pa it is cold and all the leaves are gone leaving the skeletons of fall. Guess that is about right for the Holloween folks but, I hate the loss of daylight and the warmth of the sun

 
At October 30, 2009 at 11:20 AM , Blogger Brenda in Nn Ontario said...

Marion, you have my sympathy; DH got shingles several years ago on his neck and arms. The doctor gave him major painkillers which he only took for a few days (he's a tough guy). Fortunately, he only missed a week of work and everything cleared up quite quickly. Some aren't so fortunate. Hope you are!
Brenda in Nn Ontario

 
At October 30, 2009 at 6:55 PM , Blogger Mary in Oregon said...

Marion, my heart goes out to you. Fortunately, I've never had shingles but a sister had them as a child and a friend had them as an adult. Both said they were horribly painful. Try to take the meds if you can. And as Laura said, perhaps the large one can be cut or somehow made easier for you to take?
Sending hugz and positive energy your way,
Mary in Oregon

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home