Thursday, October 29, 2009

soldiering on

I've walked 6 laps of the concourse at the arena for 3 days now. 6 laps = 1.5 km. or .94 mi. (which doesn't sound nearly as far!). I'm trying to keep it gentle for now as I don't want to injure my feet. I've also been walking around more when I go shopping etc. by parking a little further away. My knees are not great, so stair climbing is not for me. Also trying to move around more in the house instead of sticking my nose in a book all the time. Today I will walk and paint the dining room walls.
I want to find a place to weigh so I can weigh once a month. I'm eating better but still want to snack all evening. I've determined that my triggers for eating are sadness, depression, happiness, boredom, celebration.......you get the picture. DD#1 is doing very well; walking almost every day and feeling great. She is in the best shape of the four of us. DD#2 is struggling; she has an almost 3-year old and a five-month old, is sleep deprived and navigating toilet training for the first time. She says her life feels like a long list of things she needs to do to improve herself in all areas of her life. We are encouraging her to make small changes as she can. I'm so thankful those baby days are over for me - except for the visits where they go home after a few hours.
hugs to all
Brenda

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home