Monday, October 26, 2009

This 'n That

Wow, thanks for the compliments. Over the years I've been photographing sunsets and it's a piece of cake. I just aim and shoot. No special settings. Each sunset looks unique to me but when I view the collection of photos they all look alike and I wonder why I continue to take them. It's always a special moment to me. I think any old point and shoot camera will suffice. I'm flattered by your commentary and the fact that two of you actually made the image your background image on your computer. I have always counted myself fortunate to have been raised by parents who thought nothing of driving miles to watch a sunset in the Adirondack Mountains or sunrise at the beach.

BRENDA, your plan sounds like a winner to me. If you have a Weight Watcher program near you I recommend you give it a try. They push good nutrition, portion control and exercise as the essential elements of the program. You get lots of support and I have found that camaraderie quite helpful. You can follow the program on line if there are no meetings near you. It's worth the investment of time and money. I can tell you from personal experience that it works if you manage to incorporate the things you learn as a part of your life style (I'm struggling with just that idea) you will be much healthier and feel much better. Log on to www.weightwatchers.com and explore the program. They have tons of delicious recipes to offer.

Sara, I've never heard you sound so discouraged about your walking. Get yourself an I-Pod or MP3 player and download books on it. You'll get out for your walk just to listen to the next chapter. Murder mysteries work well in that regard. You just have to remember to stay alert about traffic when crossing.

I have had a great day! I actually spent several hours sewing blocks for DD's wedding quilt. I have two motivations now. Of course I simply have to have it ready by their 1st anniversary next August and second, the week prior to the anniversary my guild will have it's biannual quilt show. The quilt is a double Irish Chain done in batiks rather than the traditional calico. It is to be a CA king size so I will have a long arm quilter do the quilting. I will admonish her to quilt it so that it will be soft and cuddly and not stiff from super dense quilting. I don't think that's appropriate for a bed quilt; at least I wouldn't like it.

Well, bed time in the mountains so will bid you all good night and sweet dreams.

Jane

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home