Sunday, October 25, 2009

Jane's sunset photo

JANE IN NC - What a beautiful sunset. Looks as if the horizon is on fire behind the backdrop of the trees. Our trees are just now losing their leaves. Thank you for sharing that with us.

It's good to see the BB Chat back up and running.

We had a good frost on Sunday night/Monday morning. After that, the all the trees got serious about changing the colors of their leaves, and dropping a few leaves already. The Southern Pine trees are shedding quite a lot of their needles this year. That doesn't always happen, so I wonder if they are preparing a thick blanket for their roots. Someone told me the Farmer's Almanac has predicted a cold winter for our region. Last winter was cold enough, if you ask me.

Snoopy dance, of sorts. Four or five years ago I took Charlotte Angotti's "Let Me Surprise You" mystery quilt class at the AQS Expo in Nashville. We sewed blocks from our pre-cut kit all day long. I finally got the throw/lap-quilt size top finished a couple weeks ago, and used Hobbs fusible batting to assemble the layers. Hopefully I'll start machine quilting it soon. So no real Snoopy dance, but I've made great progress. I still need to make some slacks. Ugh.....

It's good to see everyone posting again. Hugs to everyone!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home