Thursday, October 29, 2009

Pink elephants & pink Xmas trees

"A pink Christmas tree is a heresy or blasphemous or something really bad. I thought the aluminum ones in my youth were bad enough. There's no accounting for taste."

Jane, better pink trees than pink elephants...lol ! But then, bad taste is a matter of degree and personal preference, isn't it... I find hard it to adjust going to Florida in November when it is Thanksgiving and the stores all have Christmas decorations up. One thing Canada does better is the date for our Thanksgiving...at least we don't have to eat two turkeys inside of two months.

A dull day weather-wise but thankfully, it isn't snowing here yet. I drove up through the valley to pick up friend, Penny, who had an eye operation yesterday and who had to see her eye dr. at 8 a.m. this morning, in the city. I left at 6 a.m. in the midst of dense fog and darkness. As I crawled northward along the gravelled country road I could see about 5 or 10 ft. in front of my headlights and not enough scope to pick up any deer coming at me across the roads. Luckily, the only deer that we encountered was on Penny's laneway before I got to the gravel road. Cooper, who is stuck to me like a flea, accompanied us and was as good as gold. He goes home next Tuesday and this year, he gets a gold star for good behaviour.

I find loosing even five pounds impossible and I do go to Curves. About the only way I can knock off a pound or two is to eat two meals a day instead of three. That only lasts about one day, too.
Good luck, Brenda, not an easy chore to loose weight.

Rosey

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home