Sunday, March 9, 2008

Weather and other things

Sara (and anyone else in the path of the storms), hope you are all right what with all this bad weather. Here's another festival or two for you, if they still have them: Crescent City, usually first weekend in April, and the Corn Festival in Ocoee usually Memorial Day weekend. Guess you could Google either one or look for the Florida Festivals pamphlets at the Chamber of Commerce. Enjoy!

Doris, I guess you got a whole lot more snow than we did, it only came here yesterday and will melt today. Rained first, then the temps dropped, then it snowed. No one is complaining, we need the water.

Quilt-wise, if anyone ever has an opportunity to hear Mary Lou Weidman do the creative lecture thing, do NOT miss out. It sounds boring and I was not familiar with her work, but went along with a friend. My life is changed forever! Perspective on fabrics will never be the same! You can see her work on her web site, but seeing it close up is just fantastic! Check out her schedule while you are there - she's headed south, then west.
Nuff said for now. Lavinia

1 Comments:

At March 12, 2008 at 5:41 PM , Blogger Jill from Portland said...

Lavinya, I am Mary Lou's biggest fan. I just adore her. Wish I had the time (& or money) to do one of her week long classes. Make sure you sign up for her newsletter & read her blog, it is so uplifting & upbeat.
I feel like her class changed my life too. I could do nothing but make her style of quilts & I'd be happy forever. Jill

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home