Thursday, March 6, 2008

Solar tube

Maintance for solar tube is "0". The roofer who put ours in said the only thing that would harm it in the 10 years guarantee is if there was a hurricane and a tree hit it. In that case we shouldn't be staying in the house anyway!
We did homework, and no, it isn't supposed to leak at all. Think of a tube about 14 inches round sticking out of the top of your roof with a dome over it. The big drawback, which is why I waited so long is the cost. Mine was $490.00. That is a one story house, with no problems.
If you had a 2 story house, or twists and turns, it would cost more. You can also get upgrades, a light switch for light inside it at night, fancy shields, etc. What I wanted was pure brignt light. Believe me, it is great.
Today I'm off to the downtown area to pick up my race packet and see the runner's expo for the 15 K on Saturday. Even though I'm walking it, the procedure is the same. It is a lot of fun to see th elite runners from all over the world, local celbs, etc. Maybe I'll be inspired to lose about 25 lbs.
Sigh. . . . . . Just glad the knees and ankles hold up to finish well.
Another beautiful day here this morning. I saw a piliated woodpecker thisw morning.
OH- went to see the Celtic Woman show last night. Wonderful. Trying to get in the mood to think "Ireland".
All for today,
Sara in Fla.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home