Thursday, March 6, 2008

Spring ??

Well, I am not as northern as I have been the past few winters, but in n/west Ont we still have winter....but thankfully we have not been hit with any major snowfalls the last while.....and there is hope "on Sunday that the temps will start to only be single -digits and rise to plus!! Rosey, you have my sympathy for the weather....but we are giggling at how much DH's brother was bragging about early spring weather last year and how much he did not miss this region's unpredictable weather!! He's not bragging this year....

I will do some bragging tho! We were graced with the safe but early arrival of our grandson, weighing in at 7# 1oz. Adason (which means son of Adam) is a joy and it is with such awe and love that we hold him.... I thought when our sons were born I knew what unconditional love was, but nothing beats this Gramma and Grampa thing !

We have also moved into our new house. We still have our house in the smaller community about 100kms away and it will continue to be kept for weekend getaways and summer time for a while (or at least until real estate prices rebound there!). We enjoyed it there but with various medical appointments and now this grandson.....it is better to be here. It has been a hectic time with painters doing the main floor, our good friend and handyman Jack installing new floors and light fixtures through out. But the worst is over and we will be able to move the rest of the furniture on Easter weekend. I hope to be able to bring up my sewing machine this weekend and try to get to work on another quilt for Adason.....so many fun patterns to try for him....need a crib quilt for Gramma's house.....did his first for his own crib at home and curtains....but since we have to have a crib for him to stay over (apparently it isn't advised for babies to sleep overnite in playpens anymore??? There are so many 'changes' to what you can and can't do now , not just according to the new mother, but also the midwife who happens to be my niece, that I wonder how any of my kids survived, let alone the hundreds that I had during the daycare years!)

Nice to have the internet back in working order but have to figure out what's wrong with my email system.....nothing seems to be working good!

Heather

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home