Saturday, February 23, 2008

THE SUN HASN'T DISAPPEARED AFTERALL

It's beautiful here after several very dreary days. I think that if it is going to be dreary the least the weather gods could do is send with the dreariness lots of sorely needed rain. We are still way behind and there is still a state wide outdoor burning ban in effect.

Knee progress continues to be outstanding. I've been discharged from home health and will continue as outpatient rehab at the hospital in Sylva. I'm driving (the left leg is the site of the recent surgery) and find myself forgetting the cane. They have encouraged me to continue its use to encourage a more normal gait and not let a limp habit to get established. My only and continuing problem is the darned hives which are in full bloom. My family doc has left her family practice and when I called the doc I will be seeing from now on she was booked to the eyeballs and I was asked if I'd like to see the newly employed PA (physician's assistant). Sounded good to me and I was quite pleased with him. He had the nurse give me a significant shot in the butt of prednisone, wrote a prescription for the gradually diminishing dose of prednisone pills for the week. I do have an appointment with a dermatologist on Wednesday but I'm sure the next step will be an allergist and the long process of exploring each of my medications (and there are 13 prescribed meds) and, of course, food. It seems that I just get one problem under control and another rears it ugly head. I'm taking a lot of Benadryl for the itchies too and that's keeping me sleepy.

Ronna, I've thought of you often. I was afraid that you were lost at sea or something. Welcome back.

Sondra, why haven't we heard from you? Busy on the new job I guess.

Greetings to one and all.

Time for my knee exercises and a walk with a very restless white, black and tan pooch who rules the roost hereabouts.

Jane

1 Comments:

At February 23, 2008 at 2:17 PM , Blogger Lavinia said...

Glad to "see" you! The rain is all up here for a change..we are staying in the clouds. Hugs. Lavinia

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home