Thursday, February 14, 2008

QUILT SHOW

My guild's show (Smoky Mountain Quilters Guild) of Franklin, NC is having its bi-annual show in August this year rather than October. I haven't been participating in the planning so have little or no additional information. I'll pass it on when I get it. They couldn't get anyone to chair the project for October. We have now switched to a co-chair arrangement and since only one volunteer is able to do it in the fall the new date was chosen. The job is a huge one and getting two to carry the burden is a great idea. Both of them have been members only about three or four years. One of them is a grandpa who started making quilts for his grand children about the time he joined. The other one has been around for a similarly short time and she works for Head Start. Great to see the enthusiasm of the newbies. After last time I decided that my committee chairmanship days were over so I'll be a worker bee this time. Sara participated last time and Jill from Portland was a ribbon winner. We love to have entries from as far afield as possible. Get busy ladies. We'd love to have visitors too. I can put up four folks. That is, if two of them don't mind an inflatable mattress on the floor of the the sewing room.

I'll post the guild web site URL after this. You can keep up with that and down load entry forms etc.

Jane in NC

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home