Thursday, February 14, 2008

Kira update

Just got back from the vet. I'm happy to say the vet was very pleased with Kira's progress. She (Kira) even showed off by putting that foot down just a bit (toe touching) on the floor. Her staples were taken out today, and now we go back in five weeks for a final (I think) check.

I was really happy, also, to see that Kira lost a little more weight. The diet is working! Before surgery, she was 87 pounds. By the time we made the appointment we had gotten her down to 82 pounds. Today she was 79.6 pounds! Yeah! That ought to help out with her leg. Now how come I can't lose weight that easily?! I guess I need someone to hide my food and just put out the diet stuff...

On the quilting front, my sewing has come to a halt, as we are putting ceramic tile in the hallway and closets outside of my sewing room and that means that stuff from the closets is now blocking my sewing room. Ah, well--temporary inconvenience for a permanent improvement. Meanwhile I'm handquilting DH's birthday quilt, so that's good.

Sunshine today after yesterday's storm that brought a foot of snow and ice. Nice to see the sun!

Jean in VT

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home