Friday, February 22, 2008

Friday!

And that's Friday before winter break from school!! Yeah!! I just have to try to motivate DS through one more day of school and then we get a week off. It has worked out well in Grammar, as we finished a chapter yesterday and will have the test today, and not too bad in Science as we'll finish the chapter today and I HOPE he can take the test today after some review. I did not start a new chapter in History because of the break, but we're going to be left in the middle of a math chapter. Oh, well... I guess we'll just have to review when we pick up where we left off.

Wow, a week without school--maybe I'll get back to my niece's log cabin wedding quilt! I just have a few more blocks to finish, then I can assemble the top. Since it's king-sized and the wedding is June 7, I'm going to try to have someone local machine-quilt it for me. Wish I could hand-quilt it, but there's just not enough time.

Sunday oldest DD turns 21! Yikes! That will be two of my kids who have hit that milestone. How did my babies grow up so fast??? The next one down is 19, so it won't be long before he's there too. Then we've got 12 and 14. Ahh...adolescence. I hope I can get through this with my sanity intact!

Kira update: She is doing well, starting to put the foot down a bit on the leg she had the knee surgery on. She's right on schedule, as the vet's paper said she would start putting weight on the foot after two weeks, and that's what it's been. Unfortunately, this makes her hobble more than just walking on three feet, but she needs to start using that leg again so even though it looks sad, it's a good thing. Poor brave doggie has been so good throughout this ordeal.

Meanwhile, Riley the hound is lying on the floor next to my feet dreaming, running in her sleep and grunting. Talk about the life of Riley!

Must go and home school now. Have a good day, all.

Jean in VT

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home