Friday, February 22, 2008

I'm Baaaaaack!!

Hi Everyone!

Finally, I received my invitation to once more join the WWQP Chat page! I've missed you guys.
I just visited Sondra in CA and lamented that I had been unable to get back on the page since the format changed and she told me to try again. It took her about 12 requests. I guess I did a lot better; I was successful after about 3 tries.

Lots of things have happened in my life, but I am just fine. Still working in the Lab, but half-time at the moment. This suits me fine for the time being.

My Dad died on April 1st and I have been really busy with estate stuff. We had to sell his house, clean everything out, etc. I'm sure many of you have been through this already and know the amount of work involved. I miss him a lot. It was so quick. He was diagnosed in mid December of 06 with a bile duct tumor. Bad news... because in general, people don't live very long if the tumor is large. It often is because people don't show symptoms until the very end.
Although it sounds awful, at least it was quick.... unlike with my Mom. She suffered a long time. Dad had about 6 hellish weeks when he tried chemo to buy a little time. As with Mom, I think it made him go down hill all the more quickly.
Anyway, enough of that for the moment.
I haven't had time yet to catch up on some of the posts to see what's up with y'all, but I'll try to stop in more often!

Ronna in Happy Valley

__/^^^^^o> your local iguana

Labels:

2 Comments:

At February 24, 2008 at 5:32 AM , Blogger Doris W. in TN said...

It's great to see you posting here, Ronna! I'm very sorry to read about your Dad. Sending you cyberhugs (((Hugs)))

 
At February 24, 2008 at 3:34 PM , Blogger astroiguana said...

Thanks, Doris.
BTW, Love your snowflakes!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home