Saturday, March 1, 2008

welcome spring

This is the kind of day that led me to settle in the south. The sky is a gorgeous blue. It's shirtsleeve weather and the daffodils are blooming. Of course, they were also blooming earlier in the week when it was 33 degrees F and raining...I just got back from walking the dog. The neighbors are out washing their cars. I just hope that nothing is ruined when we freeze again next week.

I should be either grading papers or working on Mom's quilt, but instead I'm sitting at the computer. I'm going to a community theater production of Guys and Dolls later this evening, so I guess I won't get much done today.

I much quit posting my weight losses, but today I have to rejoice. My jeans were so baggy that I had to buy new ones. I bought size 12 for the first time in probably 20 years. I know that they have made the sizes larger, so what size is that in 1970's sizes?
Laura in Alabama

1 Comments:

At March 2, 2008 at 8:25 PM , Blogger Jean at Mill Bay said...

Well done, girl!
I think the old size 12 is what we still see in clothing patterns. McCall's Misses 12 has a 34 inch bust, 26 inch waist, and 36 inch hips. The new US clothing standard for size 12 is a 38 inch bust and 30 inch waist and a 39 or 40 inch hip. You could have knocked me over with a feather the first time a saleslady suggestd I try on a ten! (Relax. I am not wearing a ten these days, vanity sizing notwithstanding! LOL)

Jean

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home