Monday, March 3, 2008

Azaleas in bloom

Happy Spring!
The Azaleas are in bloom here, lovely. We also had freezing weather and rain last week, but Sat. Sun. and today are beautiful. We went to the Palatka azalea festival on Sat. and took our bikes and the puppy to the beach yesterday. The azaleas in Palatka wern't fully out, but the gardens are still beautiful. There was a wedding getting ready to start when we left about 4:00 PM.
Sat. we arrived at the beach about noon, put puppy in the bike basket, and rode up and down the sand. Blue sky, light breeze, even the ocean was a bit blue. About 1:00 we went to a good pizza place, but everybody else was doing what we were doing, and we got a take-out sub and sat on a bench and ate them. The puppy was a "chick magnet" as she was in DH's bike basket. People were stoping us asking about her. One 18 yr. old (or so) in a cute bikini came running up saying, "Sir, can I pet your dog?"
Next time I'm putting the basket on my bike.
More cleaning out the sewing room today. I put a wicker table out on the curb this morning with "free" on it. Many years ago I wanted wicker stuff, but I'm over it now.
On Wed. morning I'm having the solar tube installed in the roof/ceiling. It's expensive, but when you need light, you need it.
I went for an early morning walk today. The local 15 K is this Saturday, and I haven't really practiced much. Walked 8 miles, and think I'll go soak in the bubble bath for the next 30 min.
Hopefully the calves will not cramp. I keep forgetting to take my calcium.
OK, all for now.
Sara in sunny Fla.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home