Sunday, March 2, 2008

Daffodils...

It is Spring here on the Coast, too. None of my daffodils are out yet but the buds are visible so they won't be long. The crocus are nicely out and so are the forsythias in the neighbours' yards. The birds are downright noisy in the mornings! The big daffodil farms in the Victoria area are shipping all across Canada now -- soon Rosey will be seeing "our" daffodils in Toronto. (I was going to put some pussy willows in the mail for her but if she stopped speaking to me I would miss her...)

Ronna, I am delighted to see you back! I have often wondered how you have been doing and if you are still sailing for fun and traveling for your work.

I posted on the Yahoo BB group but not here when the little old lady I have been looking after for the last five years died. She passed away on Valentine's Day and a very peaceful death it was. She was 98 1/2 years old and very tired and ready to let go. Since I am now her Executor I am still quite busy but things will slow down soon. I had actually got her affairs in very good order so the Probate application is going very smoothly. Since the house was being sold prior to her death all the packing and sorting and cleaning was already done. I am very glad about that, let me tell you!

I am now feeling as though I have retired for the second time! I suddenly can make plans to travel and play again! I can not believe how many more hours there are in a day again! I might actually be able to finish some of my quilting projects this Spring -- yesterday I finished a sweater I started last summer! This summer we are going to Europe (for the first time in years) and then we are hosting a family reunion and then I am hoping to make it to Grace's retreat. Who else might I see there?

Jean, off to start some dinnercooking...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home