Sunday, March 9, 2014

Pre-Senility

Daylight Savings Time: 

Well, this is my first indication that something may be happening to my brain.  I remembered that it was Daylight Savings Time and so last night I carefully re-set all the clocks and my watch plus my alarm clock to go off at 6 a.m. as I had two B&B guests who wanted breakfast at 8 a.m. 

Only problem was, I turned the clocks back instead of forward and wondered when I woke up why it was so light outside my windows...After all, I'd set all my clocks to the right time, hadn't I.  Ooops, forward in the spring, backward in the fall...I scrambled into the tub, threw my clothes on and made it down into the kitchen at a quarter to eight.  I'm not sure I've fully recovered yet.

Rosey

3 Comments:

At March 9, 2014 at 6:16 PM , Blogger Doris W. in TN said...

Oh noes, Rosey! My mother always said "Spring forward, Fall backward." That is the only way I can keep it all straight. The older I get, the harder it is for me to adjust to losing that hour in the Spring. We do appreciate the extra daylight during summer, though. There is a proposal that the state of Tennessee do away with daylight savings time, but I think it would confuse me, and perhaps a lot of other people. What time zone are we on? What time zone/schedule are YOU on? The line for east<--->central time zones runs through Tennessee, dividing the eastern third into eastern time. My brain just fries trying to ponder it all. Ack.

 
At March 10, 2014 at 11:46 AM , Blogger Sara in Florida said...

I wish Florida would do away with it! My dogs are confused, the drivers and students are sleepy. What a mess.

 
At March 12, 2014 at 8:59 PM , Blogger Doris W. in TN said...

Today I read that there is a proposal by some politicians to make Tennessee have daylight savings time all year-round. Are they trying to confuse us even more?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home