Saturday, March 8, 2014

away to Melbourne

I am all packed and ready to go . Tomorrow the cat and dog go to the kennels and I fly first thing Monday morning to Melbourne for 8 days. I am so looking forward to going , first holiday for about 6-7 years. Couldn't go when Harry was sick but now is the time. The two sons are going to the Grand Prix and my DIL and I are just enjoying ourselves. No doubt a bit of shopping will be done but no real plans. She hasn't been there for years so we will be seeing a few touristy things and I will be wandering. Just miss seeing Fran and Graham but I will catch up later with them. Next trip is going to clean dinosaur bones in Queensland, that will be such fun. The family just can't see the attraction but I really want to go there. Must go and check my bag again. I am sure I have all I need but don't want to give my sons any chance to tease me if I forget anything. Dear wee boys. Hugs to all Bee in NZ.

1 Comments:

At March 8, 2014 at 8:26 AM , Blogger RoseyP said...

Bee, you are a hoot. Cleaning dinosaur bones in Australia. I hope you enjoy your trip to Melburne, I gather it's a beautiful city, more English was it initially??

Himself here has traveled the world with his job so we are here and like you, not traveling for a different reason. I thought when he retired we might travel the world but apparently he doesn't want to see the inside of an airport again. Guess I understand that. My dad traveled a lot in his job and felt the same way when he retired to their cottage up north of Toronto. My mother traveled after he died.
It's nice to be content where you are at present, which we are here. It's like living in a parkland with wildlife....fat squirrels, plump rabbits, lots of birds, deer and until the raccoon start coming out, I can feed them all.
Let us know how your trip went and all about it when you return.
Rosey

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home