Tuesday, March 4, 2014

If only I could find my photos !!

I was clever enough to put some emailed photos, into a file the other day, but now I can't find them.  I get so cross with myself for being so stupid.  I just don't take the time to find out about these things.  The truth of the matter is that the computer still scares me..

We have had a "southerly storm" here the past few days (look south of NZ and you'll know why that brings cold and wet weather !).  More trees down, more flooding, and more homes without power... Mother Nature has caused some problems around the globe in the last twelve months.  I wonder if it has always been thus, or if we just hear more about it now, in this age of instant information...

We are due to fly up to Auckland tomorrow for a few days with DD and family..  DGD is due to start Uni this week and had a bit of a "meltdown" about it last night, she is a bit of a drama queen, bless her, I hope she'll be over it by the time we get there...!   DH is 75 today ...How did that happen ? We will have a quiet celebration with friends tonight and then a family "do" in Auckland tomorrow.   I'm anxious about leaving my friend in hospital but I doubt that she will know that I'm not there to visit.  She still bravely smiles when I am with her, but I'm not sure about her overall comprehension of what's going on.  That may be a blessing for her.

We had a new carpet put down in the family room yesterday. Two doors had to be taken off. DH. was left to put them back on...Big mistake.!!!.. It took all night and many trips to the garage to shave the botton off the doors, so that they could cope with the new, deeper carpet... Strangely, there is now a gap at the TOP of one door....Am I the only one wondering if he shaved the top, instead of the bottom ????  I haven't said a word...not much point really !

Time to put another log on the fire....

Marion.

4 Comments:

At March 5, 2014 at 7:56 AM , Blogger RoseyP said...

Oh Marion, I can see the same thing happening here. I am smiling, no grinning at the thought of R. trotting back and forth to the garage with the door, shaving it carefully, for he would be careful, carefully installing it back into the doorway and then, voila...guess what...wrong end?? who knows. Maybe the door hinges magically moved up overnight and caused the gap.

My young acquaintance at the bank leaves Mar. 9. I'm interested in your report on the weather and storm damage. Of course the Antarctica would not sent you good weather, would it.

Safe journey north. I understand your grief in seeing your friend in such a distressing state. When we have troubles in our lives we seem to forget that in one stroke of a moment's time, life can change in a much more drastic way than what we've been worrying about in our minds. Now, I must just try to remember this myself.
Rosey

 
At March 5, 2014 at 7:34 PM , Blogger Fran (Sth Aust) said...

Dear Marion, Our men are treasures, aren't they! Please pass on our birthday congratulations! He shares it with Shannon - did we know that before? My 'baby' is 29 today.
I hope your friend is in as little pain as possible. I'm sure your presence is a comfort to her but she will know that you can't be there all the time. All the best to DGD starting uni. Have a good trip. Hugs, Fran

 
At March 6, 2014 at 10:06 PM , Blogger Doris W. in TN said...

Marion - I think the door mishap could easily happen in our house, too, which is why I do not let DH near anything that resembles DIY repairs, etc.

 
At March 6, 2014 at 11:09 PM , Blogger Marion in NZ. said...

Oh Doris ! If only it were that easy ! He knows he's
not a good DIYer , but that doesn't seem to deter him any...

We are now in Auckland and soaking up the warm sunshine. We even went for a paddle at one of the lovely nearby beaches this morning. DH is hoping for a days fishing with the SIL tomorrow. Less than a two hour flight from home , but it seems a different country up here..

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home