Sunday, February 23, 2014

Olympics

What a wonderful 2 weeks. I have so enjoyed the snow and colours of the games. I can now go to sleep at a reasonable hour, a problem when we live the other side of the world..... I also love traditional quilts.I do some art ones but my favourites are the old patterns. It seems right to me to remember the days when quilts were made for warmth and by women who put all their love in their quilts......I am busy packing as I have sold my house and am moving to a cottage in my son's grounds. Completely away from them and with 2 bedrooms all I need. THis house is using money at a very fast rate,I am not fit enough to do any work and have to pay tradesmen. I can't see the point when I can have a very pleasant cottage, no gardens to do or mow, family quite near, all newly painted and papered. I didn't realise just how much junk I have been keeping!!!!!!!!Of course my fabric is a must and there is a lot of that.I have fantastic storage in the new place and I may even keep it tidy. Keep warm ,I have been watching the news and you have been getting such bad weather, Someone posted some spring flowers the other day so there is hope the spring will be coming soon. Hugs Bee in NZ

6 Comments:

At February 23, 2014 at 5:19 PM , Blogger Doris W. in TN said...

Bee - I rather envy your moving to a nice small cottage without all the grounds maintenance, etc., and being close to your family but not living under the same roof. ;-) Enjoy!

 
At February 23, 2014 at 5:29 PM , Blogger Doris W. in TN said...

Forgot to mention .... I am overly saturated from watching Olympics. LOL! We have a DVR and records so many of the events, especially the curling matches that were broadcast at 4:00 a.m.(!), then watch later so that we can FFWD---> through all the commercials and filler.

U.S. didn't make it to the curling finals, and the TV network doesn't show curling matches between the other countries. (sob) I love to watch curling. :-)

DH and I are quite happy with how all the figure skating results turned out, although I really think the ice-dancing should have been a tie! Canadian and US teams are both excellent.

Right now Canada and Sweden are playing for the gold & silver medals in hockey. I adore both countries so cannot cheer for either without cheering for the other. US team had no steam for the hockey, unfortunately.

 
At February 23, 2014 at 7:08 PM , Blogger RoseyP said...

Bee, life couldn't be better than to move to a cottage where you have no responsibility in keeping it up other than living in it and cleaning it. How lucky you are and to be near family, as Doris, said, but not under the same roof. I, too, envy you. You are one lucky woman and to clean out your house too, what luxury to scale down to something more simple. I shudder to think of what will lie ahead because I live with a compulsive pack rat.
Rosey

 
At February 23, 2014 at 9:27 PM , Blogger Bee said...

I am the pack rat

 
At February 23, 2014 at 9:55 PM , Blogger Bee said...

also if you want to see where I am going to live go to Google Earth and put in 8 Hepburn Rd Glendene Auckland. My place is where the arrow sits. Also my rent is really low and to make it up I am going to be baking. NO 1 son has a little list............

 
At February 24, 2014 at 4:33 PM , Blogger Doris W. in TN said...

Bee, I found it, but in a rather discombobulated manner. I used to like Google Maps, but they have (ahem) "improved" it and it is awful. I won't even venture forth with my rant on that. But, I did see the roof of your new home. Very convenient to family. Well done! :-)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home