Sunday, February 16, 2014

Open
Troubleshoot capacity
Open file location
Run as administrator
Scan using Spybot Search & Destroy
Scan with Microsoft Security Essentials
Pin to Taskbar
Pin to start menu
Restore previous versions
Send to
Cut
Etc.Etc.

Now, this is all under my inbox thingy.  I understand "Open"  I understand Scan with Microsoft Security and Spybot...I think those are the two detectives looking into the email that comes into my inbox so that it doesn't have gremlins attached.  Pin to anything means pinning patches in my quiltmaking not anything to do with a computer, Restoring anything, means restoring my sanity.  Send to I understand, Cut...well, I have delete to do that...the Etc. Etc. means that Windows 7 or any programme beyond Windows XP which to me now looks like the best and simplest version of operating a computer gets into far too much 'stuff'.  Why can't computer companies just go with two versions of stuff...one simple, one for experts who want to do fancy stuff with their computers.  But no, like grocery manufacturers, we are given so many options, so many choices that it boggles the mind, overwhelms the mind actually.  Life is no longer simple.  I get into my car and it starts dinging at me.  I can heat my seats which I like. I can heat my steering wheel, which I like, I have a heater in the back of the car which blows heat on the dogs in winter and air-conditions us in the summer, so I'm not adverse to these little extra luxuries in what I use in the way of machinery.  Sewing machines passed me by when they went from Singer to these fancy machines which secretly I wish I knew how to operate because I'd love to do machine embroidery but believe, no matter how easy you tell me it is to learn, I will never learn because I now have a great antagonism towards anything that controls me, which is my sewing machine.  Do straight stitching, maybe a fancy stitch or two, go forward and backward and that's all I need.  I am one who enjoys the slower repetition of handwork.  It allows me to think of other things, the sewing machine requires my constant attention.  Some of you will relate to the one, most to the other.  I admire anyone who can work with these new types of machinery, electronic or otherwise, but for me, the simpler I can keep things, the better I can cope.

And by the way, my Windows 7, so far, is behaving itself and I can do all I need to do and ignore all the other stuff it says it can do.
Rosey

8 Comments:

At February 16, 2014 at 10:56 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Hello from Happy Valley! I know it has been quite a while since I have chatted with y'all on the BB and all this new Google + cr*p has left me with all my identities confused!
I've tried to keep some parts of my private life private and shared what I wanted to share under pseudonyms, but Google knows what is best for us all and is making that more and more difficult. I left Windows behind and now use a Mac. Oh sure. Intuitive interface my butt! Even I, a relatively technologically savvy person is brought to the point of tears, so I feel your pain at the cryptic messages you receive as admin of anything!
_^^^^^^^.> You know who in Happy Valley

 
At February 16, 2014 at 6:05 PM , Blogger Doris W. in TN said...

You have a heated steering wheel? Oh my! I never knew such a luxury exists. One would need it in Canada, for sure.

 
At February 16, 2014 at 6:57 PM , Blogger RoseyP said...

Doris, it's in the Nissan Pathfinder. I know, my heated seats and heated steering wheel are total luxuries that in our part of Canada are appreciated. When I go out to start the car before getting in, those two buttons are always pushed, in winter. We've been below freezing for so long that when it gets to 16F as it was today, it felt almost balmy.
Rosey

 
At February 16, 2014 at 7:51 PM , Blogger Fran (Sth Aust) said...

I was right! We were having a conversation on the weekend with friends about how you survive over there in such cold conditions. I said I knew you could heat the seats and thought it was only reasonable you could have heated steering wheels too. Interesting that it's not that common. If only we could have a way of cooling them down here in summer vbg

 
At February 16, 2014 at 8:42 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

My next door neighbor has cooled seats in her Linciln. The one time I sat on them, it felt like the seat was wet under me. Didn't particularly care for the feeling.

 
At February 17, 2014 at 12:59 AM , Blogger Laura in IA said...

Sounds like things are looking up Rosey.

 
At February 17, 2014 at 3:32 PM , Blogger Kathi in Idaho said...

My next door neighbor has heated AND cooled seats in her Lincoln. One time I had to drive her somewhere in the summer and felt like I was sitting in a puddle of cold water. I hadn't realized that she had the cooled seats. I guess when they are leather, it might be nice, but I think I'll stick to my non-cooled cloth seats.

Kathi

 
At February 17, 2014 at 5:27 PM , Blogger RoseyP said...

Kathi, the first time I experienced heated seats was in a friend's Ford 4 Wheel Drive. She used to pick me up to go into town to go to the movie theatre. I sat in the seat coming back home from the show and wondered if I'd done something in my pants I shouldn't have done. It felt warm, then warmer and then I asked. Heated seats here in winter are a comfort that can't be described, in many ways...lol.

But sitting on a cooled seat in summer...well, we do get very hot days here when if one gets into a car with leather or plastic seats, can burn your butt...so, who knows...
Rosey

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home