Tuesday, February 11, 2014

I've lived too long for the electronic age

This is not my usual state in my studio but it's close to it.  A major clean-up is on tap for this room, which does not have greenery outside the windows at this time of year...white with green fir trees, bare branches of deciduous trees is the order of the day at this time of year.

And my computer, which is on my desk, now has Windows 7 in it.  I have learned how to take all the wires off the back of the tower and I've managed to get all back in the right places.  I took my computer back into the shop today, two hours later, the tech said, 'don't bring this thing back to me, you can come back to visit'...it was driving him nuts too.  I've learned how to enlarge my screen resolution as the print was so small (the recommended size apparently) that even with my new glasses I was squinting.  Why can't computer people just leave things along when they have a simple programme or product?  I guess we 'oldies' don't outnumber the younger folks and are not a targeted market but if you can save your Windows XP, believe me, it doesn't have all the bells and whistles on it but it's much easier to operate.  Why I need so many fancy things on my inbox which allows me to do things I don't know how to do, baffles me.  Oh well, thanks for the encouragement.  I've almost been in tears trying to learn how to use this programme and I think if I need a 'tune-up' I'll have to pay someone to come to my house and give me an hour's lesson.  I can't waste the tech's time in the shop.

As long as I can get my emails, get onto the several blogs I like to read, research through Google, use Word which doesn't exist on Window's 7 but some other fancy thing that you have to go into and can't print from until you stand on your head and rub your tummy apparently.

I am not entirely impressed with modern electronic technology.
Rosey

4 Comments:

At February 12, 2014 at 8:12 AM , Blogger Doris W. in TN said...

Rosey - I envy your sewing studio with the windows, view, and all that natural light! This pic of your studio looks like mine AFTER I have tidied up my sewing room. LOL!

 
At February 12, 2014 at 6:14 PM , Blogger RoseyP said...

Doris, as always, I LOVE your sense of humour.
R.

 
At February 12, 2014 at 9:04 PM , Blogger Sara in Florida said...

Yes, I was thinking that picture.. My room looks like that AFTER the clean up. Love the natural light too.
All of everyone's computer problems maake me feel good about all the GPS, Satalite radio, etc. on the new car. I know were the wipers and "On" button is. No real key!
Rainy and cold as is 40 here.
Sara in Fla.

 
At February 13, 2014 at 3:52 AM , Blogger Doris W. in TN said...

Sara in FL - A very long time ago, I once had a loaner car (when mine was in the shop) that was not the brand car I owned, and it started to rain. I couldn't figure out where the wipes were and had to pull over, dig out the owners manual, just to figure out where the !@#$ windshield wiper control was located. That was very frustrating.

All these new-fangled cars are beyond me. My new Highlander does not have GPS or Satellite radio because I wasn't willing to pay for it and the confusion it would cause me. The "touch-screen audio system" is bad enough and, in my opinion, dangerous to use while driving. Gah! I want the old-fashioned knobs and buttons back, PLEASE!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home