Friday, January 31, 2014

It took awhile to get onto the Posting page today....

Why is that I wonder ?

Great to hear from " Jean in Mill Bay... "  I always thought Mill Bay sounded so interesting...Welcome back Jean, love to hear more of your life there.

For those who expressed concern about my DH paying money "up front" to the timber man...well... he SEEMS alright, but hasn"t yet arrived to do the job !  His story was that HE had been ripped off by a client ! Someone who got a lot of work done, then told him he was going into liquidation and couldn't pay him...leaving him(the contractor) with wages to pay and machinery to keep going ...will we ever know the truth ?  DH was quite offended at my suggestion that he may have been taken in...!!    It's all supposed to be happening on Monday...lets hope it does !

Rosey, your week has been horrendous....Living with a man with no computer and no land line, plus the sub zero temperatures, would be challenging (to say the least...and probably, the least said, the better...)   "Character building" would be another way of looking at it !..Here's to better times...   I fear that my computer is probably in the same state as yours...can't quite face that one yet but..the time will come...

Took a very rare trip into Christchurch yesterday to replace a hand splint.  I went to a Hand Clinic a few months ago, and the splint has made such a difference.  It stabilizes the lower joint on the thumb and makes gardening and sewing possible... designed in the Netherlands and made in the EU. $120..  Unfortunately, Holly, our naughty dog, chewed it into a thousand pieces while we were out one night last week.  We found the remains on our return.  My fault, for leaving it outside (I had been gardening)..I suppose, but I was not pleased. !   The roads in the city are still a mess and it's hard to plan a route with any certainty, due to  road works.  Three years this month, since the big quake. Makes me wonder how long it takes for poorer , less developed countries to recover from such disasters....

Saturday afternoon here and I plan an afternoon off... maybe I'll play with some fabrics or something equally soothing.

Enjoy the week end..
Marion.

3 Comments:

At February 1, 2014 at 10:55 PM , Blogger Jean at Mill Bay said...

Here is a collection of google images for Mill Bay -- I think it is very lovely here.

https://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&site=imghp&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=1182&bih=674&q=Mill+Bay%2C+BC&oq=Mill+Bay%2C+BC&gs_l=img.3..0j0i24l9.2102.6197.0.14760.12.12.0.0.0.0.98.590.12.12.0....0...1ac.1.32.img..0.12.589.MNKhnIjNlDE

I hope that link works...

 
At February 1, 2014 at 11:00 PM , Blogger Jean at Mill Bay said...

And while looking at those pictures I just found a real estate listing for the house that my 'little old lady' lived in when I was looking after her -- remember the story about the bikers and the con man? The property has been subdivided by the developer who bought it and this is the house on a small piece of the original 12 acres.

 
At February 3, 2014 at 4:45 AM , Blogger Marion in NZ. said...

What a lovely spot Jean... the maps are so good that I felt I was almost walking down the roads, and could have come calling !! What is the population of Mill Bay ? You had a long journey to go to Rosey's retreat !
Yes, I do remember the drama you had with that old lady and the con man...! We miss your stories on the board but they have to be that exciting to be interesting !

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home