Monday, January 27, 2014

No snow here.....we had a bit more over the weekend but brutal cold temperatures....-44 Celsius with windchill which is just about the same as Farenheight temp.....I think Rosey may be getting a bit of break from the cold ....from weather map this morning it was a bit north of her and south.....

January has been and always is a long month....but the sun is trying  to  shine earlier and a bit longer....

One son has a few days left in Costa Rica and another leaves tomorrow with 2 sons for a Disney Cruise for a few days......things we never did when they were young so I am happy for them that they are able to do so....the five and six year olds are excited to say the least...  The remaining son is still working so that is good...being in a trades career (plumbing) doesn't always guarantee year round employment so he is happy too.

DH has ventured out and I made a list of errands for him...no sense for both of us to be going out !

I am off to the sewing area....turning on the extra heater tho....


1 Comments:

At January 27, 2014 at 2:21 PM , Blogger RoseyP said...

Heather, you're right, we are about 7F above zero, 25F below freezing which is 32F and that would be perfectly balmy if it occured today. It is the wind and the wind chill factor that is causing huge problems, accidents, people stranded on the roads from whiteouts. Friday night at 10:43 pm I had a call from a man who was stranded in town with no place to stay and tried our B&B. He woke me up out of a deep sleep-induced frustratingly horrible week with Bell Telephone and groggily I told him no..woke up the next morning to hear that the Red Cross had been taking people out of their cars on the Hwy. nearby. Still feel guilt pangs about that one. It's been the whiteouts which create such problems and which are still with us today. I drove into town and back early this morning for my volunteer work and I'm sure it took a week off my life. It was a hair raising experience. Your boys sound good as good can be...and a trip for supplies will give A. something to do today.
Rosey

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home