Saturday, January 25, 2014

For those whose husband's may enjoy this or they, themselves

http://www.sunnewsnetwork.ca/sunnews/world/archives/2014/01/20140122-114501.html I don't know if this will get you to where this link takes you. It's a low level flight with two aircraft flying low over Wales, etc. in jets. I have a friend who sends me these emails which I pass forward to J's computer and I had not opened this one but came down this morning to find it on J's computer and I got dizzy just watching how close the planes were to the ground and following the terrain. J said the pilots would be pulling 4 g's. I've pulled g's going upside down in J's glider and believe me, I don't know how anyone could talk while all that is going on. These pilots get trained for pulling g's etc. I'd be passing out by that time. It's a magnificent video, shot purposely for these flights. And I see in previewing this posting that I'm not able to form paragraphs. Sorry for the inconvenience of having this all run together. I've tried to add spaces to separate it sll. And we are in the midst of yet another winter storm. What a winter this has been so far. Not for the lighthearted, I can tell you. Rosey

3 Comments:

At January 25, 2014 at 6:55 AM , Blogger Doris W. in TN said...

Rosey, what does "pulling g's" mean?

 
At January 25, 2014 at 9:11 AM , Blogger RoseyP said...

Okay, here goes, Doris...G forces: G is for gravity. If there wasn't gravity we'd fall off the earth. When a plane makes a sharp turn, curve, pulls up or goes down abruptly, it pulls G forces from you...or your body weight which is increased by the force of gravity...it's all physics, which I did miserably in. I can tell you how it feels to pull G-forces: It was before I had my hysterectomy that Jock put me into a somersault in his glider. I felt my eye lids pulling downward, I felt myself being forced into my seat in the plane, I couldn't lift my arms. My uterus felt like it was coming out..more information than anyone needs reading this...but everything in my body felt like if there was an outlet, it was going out whatever hole it could find. It's a huge weight on your body pulling G. forces that people pass out when they get higher than what I'd experienced. I got back on the ground and my head was spinning so badly I couldn't walk straight. I did not throw up...good for me, that was a plus. It took a good half hour before my head stopped spinning, I had to lie down. I don't know how these pilots manage it but they are trained for it (airforce type of flying, not airline except when you go down). Their bodies get used to pulling G forces. That's as wide awake as Jock's been all week...talking about aeroplanes. I apologize for being so graphic. But you get the picture. It's like being encased in cement pulling G. forces when you're not used to it. Rosey

 
At January 25, 2014 at 12:44 PM , Blogger Doris W. in TN said...

Thank you Rosey. I get the picture, thanks to your excellent skill in painting word pictures. ;-)

This must be what happened when an F-14 military jet took off here, some umpteen years ago, and crashed within minutes. I still have vivid memories of this.
Copy & paste for news story:

http://www.cnn.com/US/9601/nashville_plane/crash_update/

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home