Monday, January 27, 2014

It's beyond me.....

I have been trrying to post a colourful photo, to cheer my freezing friends overseas....    It's impossible for me to understand how hard it must be to live in such temperatures ....day after day... with little or no sunlight. Remember that each day brings you closer to Spring !

  Sorry about the "no show" .. my photos aren't where they should be and I can't access them...I'll get himsef to try to make sense of it all, he's the one who puts them onto the computer....

I've been busy in the garden, it really is too big for me and it's not easy to get help. I used to have a lady who came for a few sessions in the spring and again in the autumn, but she has now got a full time job so I won't be seeing her again.  DH simply says he doesn't "do" gardening....!?!  

The "wood man" came yesterday to discuss working on the fallen trees.  He, and his heavy machinery , will be here on Thursday, to start the work. He wanted $4,000 in the hand, to seal the deal...sounds a bit dodgy to me... I hope he comes back !

Better give the house a bit of a "lick and a promise" before going out into the garden again... The DH doesn't "do" housework either..!!

Have a good day.

Marion.

3 Comments:

At January 27, 2014 at 5:59 PM , Blogger Sara in Florida said...

Marion-don't ever pay cash "up front" especially in full.
In the USA there are people known as traveling gypsies that scam people--frequently coming to Fla. in the winter months. They are especially active after a hurricane or tropical storm. Most of them live in mansions in the South Carolina area.
Do you have anyone to get references from? Word of mouth is always best.
Please don't anyone take offense to my use of the name "gypsies" - I know they are a legitimate social group.
Sara in Fla.

 
At January 27, 2014 at 6:45 PM , Blogger RoseyP said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At January 27, 2014 at 6:46 PM , Blogger RoseyP said...

Sure sounds fishy to me, too, Marion. Usually people who want money up front haven't the resources to pay their men working for them. I sure how R. doesn't get bound into that sort of deal.
And thanks for thinking of us up here from down under. This winter has been a truly winterized winter...the kind we used to have. Aside from the ice, I can live with pretty much anything Mother Nature tosses our way with a snowy, cold winter but the ice, which came Dec. 21st and has laid a thick underlayer of ice beneath the snow, has been treacherous for many of us here in the country. The cities, it melts. No room for anything but the population crowding the environment but here in the country, everything is as Nature provides.
Rosey

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home