Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Downsizing

DH and I, as well as all my friends and I, have the downsizing conversation from time to time.   We are not ready yet,  but "YET"  is spelled You're Eligible Too.   ;-)  I am ready to give up the big one acre yard, but not my nice size dining room or bedrooms (that includes the sewing room!), nor am I ready to give up our convenient location or neighborhood.  We would have to move to an adjacent town to get a smaller lot and house.   So, we are not quite there with being ready to downsize,  but I could definitely do with less square feet in a house to clean, heat, and air-condition.

Sara in FL - DH and I owned a second (vacation) home for ten years and after a while, it was too much bother to mow two lawns and cover the upkeep.   We have a pool table, too, and hope whoever takes this house will want the pool table also.   Right now it mostly serves to hold the laundry as I fold it, and stuff needing to be ironed. 

Am posting a picture of our Sophie, only half-way through a day of babysitting our DGD.   It just wears her out!  (the dog, not the DGD- LOL)  Sophie is so curious about this baby and so far, she is quite well-behaved around DGD.   I do not leave them unsupervised together, because a dog is a dog, and a baby/child is a baby/child,  and Sophie is not accustomed to being in close quarters with a child.   Sophie has always loved seeing neighborhood children when we are on our walks, so I think they'll get on just fine with supervision.

4 Comments:

At March 4, 2014 at 3:22 PM , Blogger RoseyP said...

Doris, if that isn't the cutest dog there is, I don't know what is...I think my Aussies are cute but they don't hold a candle to Sophie.

Good luck with your babysitting duties...
Rosey

 
At March 4, 2014 at 5:16 PM , Blogger Marion in NZ. said...

Yes ! I would have to agree. I love my Beagle, with her eyelined eyes, but Sophie looks such a cuddly bundle , something a Beagle could never be mistaken for !

 
At March 6, 2014 at 10:00 PM , Blogger Doris W. in TN said...

Marion - I've always had to have fluffy furry type dogs. There is something about running my hands through all that fur when I pet them. And then there is the hair to deal with, too. Ack! (LOL)

 
At March 7, 2014 at 2:13 AM , Blogger Bee said...

I agree Doris, Sophie is just gorgeous

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home