Monday, March 17, 2014

From Mary Jo

Good Morning,
   It is a rainy one here.  Daffodils and a pixie tulip are up and blooming with the pansies and primroses.  Spring may actually be here! 
   Have made it through the first week.  Thank you to all who commented and gave advice.  I'm trying your suggestions.  They help.
   My almost first order of business was to reclaim the bedroom.  It had become a hospital setting.  With all the equipment removed, it seemed big.  I found a small blue wingback chair at a consignment shop for the corner by the fireplace. Hung a favorite quilt there.  Brought down a lamp and side table from upstairs and have a reading corner.  Small changes but they do make a difference.  Otherwise, when I opened my eyes each morning, I saw DH lying in the hospital bed even though he was gone.
   DD asked me to promise to go out each day if only for a cuppa.  That has been an easy promise to keep.  I feel better after.  DS asked me to stay away from the cat shelter for at least a month.  He said he could just see me dropping in to adopt a new kitty every day and ending up the crazy cat lady. Not going to happen.  Fred still reigns as a solo king here.  I might foster some later, though.
Thank you for caring.
MaryJo

5 Comments:

At March 18, 2014 at 3:47 AM , Blogger Laura in IA said...

Mary Jo, Glad to hear you are moving a few careful steps in a positive direction. Your DS is right in one respect, I heard you should not make any major changes in your life for at least a year. Sounds good to me. Laura in IA

 
At March 18, 2014 at 3:23 PM , Blogger Marion in NZ. said...

So pleased that you have spring to enjoy Mary Jo. You are wise to change the room around, I'm sure that you have trans formed it and that you will enjoy sitting there and remembering happier times.I hope that you have friends around to join you on your daily outings, do you go for walks, shopping or visiting....

 
At March 18, 2014 at 8:08 PM , Blogger MJ said...

Marion, My quilty friends are wonderful about calling to ask me to go to Costco (warehouse shopping), for a cuppa, to a movie, or just for a walk.
Laura, I'd heard the same and plan to stay here for a year to determine if the house is too much to keep up. Do have to sell the place in AZ. Foolish to keep paying taxes, monthly utilities and such on it while it sits empty.

 
At March 21, 2014 at 8:15 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Mary Jo, enjoy the Spring flowers that come up and blossom for you. :-) I have always found being outside a salve for the soul in times of anxiety and loss. Perhaps you will find that a comfort as well.
A big hug for you (((Mary Jo)))

 
At March 23, 2014 at 4:05 PM , Blogger Mary in Oregon said...

Thanks for checking in, Mary Jo. I've been thinking of you and hoping life is settling for you. Change is always difficult, isn't it, especially this sort of change. Hugs to you.
Mary in Oregon

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home