Saturday, March 15, 2014

Earthquakes, hurrican force winds, a "one in a hundred years" storm last week and NOW, a cyclone !

So much for the South Sea Paradise I was promised by my NZ boy friend when he was trying to persuade me to leave home and country for NZ.. !   You are quite right Fran, we have had a rough time of it down here, There are families still clearing up from the flooding last week and now this cyclone is upon us !  Just heavy rain and strong winds at the moment.  We are ofcourse, very exposed to the winds since we lost so many of our trees last September...  The worse is due tonight .  Rosey...I wonder where your young travelling friend is ?  I hope he's not caught up in all of this..

Doris, so pleased you are enjoying that DGD.  Such a joy to see them learning and developing.  I used to say that our children watched us working but now parents watch their children playing...!

We enjoyed our few days in Auckland. The weather was wonderfully warm and sunny, we just lapped it up..DH had a good day out on the boat with DSIL., they caught lots of fish which we enjoyed for dinner that night. It was a shock to return to our colder climate and more rain on Tuesday. Since then, I have developed and nasty head cold..Hey ho !  However will I get through the winter when it comes..!?!

Fran, thanks for checking ! Yes your email arrived in the correct box and I was delighted to receive it.  I will answer it soon.  I won't be visiting hospital with this cold, so will have more time at home this coming week.Hope your sore arm will soon be better.  I'm not a fan of taking potions and pills but the DH always says that it's not fair to HIM if I don't have the flu jab (!) so I usually fall for that one... I've never had a nasty reaction.... never had the flu either , but that could be coincidental.!

Enjoy the w/end.
Marion

.


2 Comments:

At March 16, 2014 at 10:22 AM , Blogger RoseyP said...

Marion, I think my young acquaintance will be right in the thick of all this weather. He was leaving on the 9th, I think, to be in NZ by the 12th, to tour around.

False promises to win the heart of a young British woman. Nothing like love to get you to another country, Marion....The whole world is tossing up with bad weather problems.
Rosey

 
At March 16, 2014 at 3:36 PM , Blogger Marion in NZ. said...

The "cyclone" turned out to be just another couple of days of wet and windy weather ! Not that I'm complaining ! It's a still and sunny morning this morning, hopefully your travelling friend will be somewhere where the scenery is being shown at it's very best !

Marion.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home