Saturday, March 22, 2014

Checking in on Sat. afternoon

It's been a while since I've posted, trying to remember what I just read. Have the corner of my Mom's quilt soaking in some "Oxi-Clean", some mystery stain. At first I thought it was blood, but soaking it overnight in cold water & detergent only lightened it a bit. Now I'm thinking it could be grape juice. Had to make a quick trip to Wally-mart to get the Oxi, wow, prices of everything have jumped up! Flu-shots--I swear by them! In the early 80's when I was working in West Palm Beach for the Probation & Parole office I got several years of terrible flu. Shaking hands and having a person sign papers with your pen, when they have just gotten out of jail, no telling what germs they had. One year I wound up in the ER in the middle of the night. Of course that was the weekend my DH was out of town at a convention, bad memories. If you arn't dealing with the public, or have a strong immune system maybe you could skip them, but I always get them. Being in the nursing home several days a week now there are lots of germs floating around. Weather- crazy everywhere! On Mon. the 17th we had rain like in Ireland. Only heavy! All day with just a 20 break in the morning when I put dogs on leash and dashed out. Had McCann's Irish oatmeal for breakfast, and made shepherd's pie for dinner that night. (hamburger meat, not lamb) Good news! DD and the 4 grandsons are flying here the end of May for a 2 week visit. I told her that wasn't sure we would still be in the house or not, but DSIL asked his parents if worst case all could spend a few nights there. They will fly to Sanford, Fla. near Orlando and we will take 2 cars to go get them. DSIL can't get the time off, as he just started his new job. Guess that means they will be in North Dakota for a year or so more, maybe always. His side of the family is having a family reunion in Cabo (south tip of Mexico) at the end of June and all 6 of them plan to fly there for a week. His sister and BIL are paying for the tickets there, as we are to fly them here. They have to buy 5 passports, which is about $600. Only DSIL had a current one. Spent the morning trying on Spring/Summer dresses, etc. Due to Celiac I have lost about 35 lbs! The 14 and 16 sizes are all to big. Now in a 10-12, can take a few in, will donate the ones I never liked too much to local charity. There was more, but had a glass of very sweet wine yesterday, went to St. Augustine for the afternoon with friends. Usually white wine doesn't give me a headache, but still feeling the effects. Up several times in the night, so am taking a nap while DH has gone to a "guy" movie with his best buddy. Sara in Fla.

2 Comments:

At March 22, 2014 at 1:09 PM , Blogger Sara in Florida said...

This had paragraphs and proper spacing when I wrote it, but oh, well.
Sara in Fla.

 
At March 23, 2014 at 3:14 PM , Blogger Doris W. in TN said...

Sara - I only met you a couple years ago, but I would swear you did not have 35 lbs to lose back then. You must look like a model by now, after going gluten-free!

About paragraphs and proper spacing --- When you go to the page for creating a new post, above that box where we type, is a tool bar. At the far right (on my screen), there is a green check-mark and a small ABC superimposed on it. Just to the left is an italicized capital T with a small 'x' superimposed on the lower right-hand corner of that 'T'.

Click on that 'T' one time before you write/type, and it allows all our paragraphs, as we type them, to appear ... exactly how we space them when we compose.

Give it a test on a new post and see if it works for you. I am on a Windows/PC and not an Apple/Mac, so it might be different with Apple/Macs.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home