Monday, April 19, 2010

Living in a small town

But first, Fran, it's great to see you posting. How are you feeling now? I'll bet you are just counting the days to retirement.

Today, at the garden centre on the outskirts of town, I was waited on by a woman who said: "I know you but you won't know me" and she explained. She was taking her motorcycle test one morning in town when she pulled up beside me in the car along with my two 'first officers'...Ceilidh and Hope. She said that they looked at her and then came up to give me a kiss, both of them. She remembered my licence plate 'RoseyP' because her border collie is named Rosie. Now, how long ago was that...some time ago. It's nice to live in a small place where people recognize your car and your dogs. After living in the obscurity of a big city for 48 yrs. I can tell you with a certainty that living in a smaller community is far nicer. It suits me; it may not those who might think that a small town is too small.

Rosey

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home