Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Sign In

Haven't posted in quite a while and can't afford the time now. I just spent a week in CA visiting DD#2 for first time in 3 years. I went all that way that particular week because she was singing and playing flute at the San Gabriel Valley Choral Co. Christmas concert. On the night of the dress rehearsal I was sent down the road to the movies (Golden Compass) so as not to spoil the effect of the real thing. Next day I was overcome with abdominal cramps when it was time to leave and couldn't even stand up to change clothes. Thus; one daughter miffed and one concert missed. I was fine the next day. Outside of that it was a lovely visit.

Tomorrow I leave for Rochester, NY and Christmas with the grands and DD#1. Had Sunday's storm hit later this week I would have thrown up my hands. Leaving myself lots of time due to my own energy level and early sunset (yes, I'm driving). I decided that if I have to be snowed in somewhere a motel room is a lot more comfortable than a crowded airport.

At 1AM this morning I finished clipping the seams in one of the rag bed quilts that were started three years ago. The other is going unclipped. I'll wash the clipped on today and the boys can flip a coin to see who gets the finished one. The other will have to settle for an IOU.

Been struggling with nasty drug reactions (I think). When I started on Mirapex for restless leg and nasty looking but not very itchy rash appeared two weeks into it. Dermatologist guess that was the problem so I went back to the old standby, gabapentin. Then tried Lyrica for fibro and went off gabapentin as they are chemically related. This time I blossomed into a horrible itchy rash that almost drove me out of my skin. Now I'm off all three of the aforementioned drugs and taking Benadryl. I went through two series of an incredibly expensive steroid salve and the rash just moved around from hands to back to belly and on down the legs. I am now peeling in the palms of the hands, on the belly (including navel) and still a bit itchy. Of course I'm always very dry in the winter anyway but it's the worst it's ever been. I've noticed on an ad for Lyrica for fibromyalgia on TV "changes in the skin" is one of the side effects to call the doc about. I guess it's a great drug if you're not allergic to it. Oh well, at least this time I didn't experience anaphylactic shock. I did that once with an antibiotic. I can live without that experience again. I almost turned up my toes that time.

Other that holiday stress and a bit of itchy bouts I'm fine. Having the left knee replaced in January before it completely disables me as the other one did. Been exercising like a demon until CA trip and am now losing the good effect. I've lost over 18 pounds FINALLY on weight loss program. Need to shed another twenty. Hope to get through holidays without losing ground.

Time to head out to the laundromat. First I have to fix the two places in which I clipped a stitch.

Happy holidays to all and to all, fare thee well until next year.

Jane in chilly (23*F) NC

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home