Friday, December 14, 2007

Update on DH, stuff

Oh, instert foot in mouth for me!
DH's gall bladder surgery went well, but found out the hard way in the wee hours of Tues. night/ Wed. AM that the codine in the pain meds made him violently sick. Good thing we hadn't planned to give any parties at the house. After a long, exausting night of throwing up everything but his eyeballs, got him so anti-nausea meds on Wed. morning. He is back among the walking as of last evening. Catching up on sleep this morning.
I'm going to mail my brother's birthday present this morning, his birthday is the 24th. I did forget to send out one or two cards, but will just have to let them go while the patient gets my attention. He is just well enough not to want soup anymore.
Gave puppy a bath this morning, and she is doing fine.
It looks that we are going to get my wish of cooler weather on Sunday evening, with wind and a drop into the 30's. Yea!
Will have to remember to bring in my potted tropical plants and cover up the bird-of-paridise.
We were supposed to attend an outdoor bonfire, and cookout tonight. I really don't think DH is up to it, but I would love to go. We already gave our regrets.
The major thing going on right now is visiting a few families in hospitals. One dear GF's son hit a tree driving home about a month ago. The car burst into flames, he was burned over 70% of his body. He is in Gainsville, Fla. at the major burn unit there, the GF, husband, and extended family have picked up and rented a house near the hospital to be there. This girl is a gem. Her DH and his parents left Cuba in 1961 and went to Puerto-Rico. They met at medical school, came to America in the late 80's not speaking a work of English. Selft taught. This son graduated from Harvard, and had just finished graduation from law school, at age 25. We are all thrilled that he is still alive, God must have a wonderful plan for him in the future.
I volunteered to take a Cuban-style dinner to them Christmas eve day. All I know is that it involves mojo pork roast, black beans and rice. LOL, I'm enlisting a neighbor from Miami to go grocery shopping with me to pick out the proper foods. Her DH is also from Cuba.
Time to hit the day!
Sara in Florida

1 Comments:

At December 16, 2007 at 11:34 AM , Blogger Doris W. in TN said...

Sara - I have the same problem with prescription pain meds as does your DH (the dry heaves!), and they do nothing for my pain. (ugh) I usually just quit taking the meds and switch to Advil. Y'all need to remember this reaction for any future surgery, and insist he be given 25mg of Phenergan with the pain meds.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home