Thursday, December 13, 2007

Hello again

Have posted several times but it never comes through. Am not sure why. The last time was after Jill's photo of Mt. Hood. Jill, if you still want the Irish Cream recipe, email me...mj_gustafson.

Packages are wrapped and ready to mail tomorrow. Have a quilty item in each of the kids boxes. Baked 24 dozen cookies in a three day marathon. DH took several platters to his golf buddies, widowers. Mailed 4 packages to family and will take plates to neighbors... Told DH not to expect this again for ten years. It was ten years ago I last did this.

We have had lots of rain in AZ, much needed. After each storm, I have allergy problems from mold. Will see an allergist who may help with other allergens, know they can't do much about the mold. Am fine inside but cannot work outside. No gardening, miss that.

Three quilts are on display to teach from Feb - April, 1-2 sessions a month. Nice and easy, much better that way. Did too many in the month we've been here. Especially with getting ready for Christmas and next term.

No big Christmas plans. Do have the tree up and the place decorated. Was not going to do the tree, but am happy to have it up. And, enjoyed thinking about all the old ornaments - where they came from and who made them. Long history since my first tree in '58. Miss having family here or going there. But DH isn't able to manage, which changes things.

Good to hear from all. Wishing this holiday is your best ever!
MJ

1 Comments:

At December 16, 2007 at 1:27 PM , Blogger Jill from Portland said...

MJ, yes, I'd still love the recipe!
Probably shouldn't embibe today though while I do the wrapping packing thing!
Last month I forgot the city, state & zip code on my Dad's BD present!
I was so horified! Guess I'll have my DH double check them all this time. Jill (easystitches@ yahoo.com)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home