Monday, December 10, 2007

News from "Down Under"..

Hello Ladies !

So nice to hear from everybody. My New Years Resolution (should be) to try to post more often. It seems to take an age to sign in and there is no hope of us going onto Broadband .

All is well down here. The weather has been very hot these last few days and the countryside is changing from green to fawn before my very eyes ! The garden has been very pretty and colourful but it's looking a bit scrappy now. Some things are over and the next showing is not quite flowering. Hopefully it will be pretty again for Christmas.

Cleared the sewing room out yesterday (it doubles as a guest room !) The family won't be down until the New Year but I don't want to have to worry about it over Christmas. I've got plenty of hand sewing to do, if I get any time, so I shouldn't miss the sewing machine too much.

A busy time here as Christmas coincides with the end of the school year etc., so there are lots of "end of year" functions to go to. Also , one tries to catch up with friends as Jan/Feb are the holiday months and people tend to disappear, without trace, for weeks on end ! Added to that, we plan to be away in Europe from the end of Feb to the end of April .. Oh dear...there goes another year....

Went to a "Murder Mystery" evening on Friday . Such fun. We all dressed up (1920's) I had problems with the false eyelashes (which I don't usually wear...incase you were wondering...) Not easy to put on (without the aid of specs..) At one stage I had an eye glued closed..!! D.H. thought it would only add to the fun of the evening but I was quite pleased when I was finally able to open my eye again !! It was good to see that my own eyelashes were still in place as well !!

Why deos it always happen at Christmas time ?? The holding tank for the shower upstairs , seems to have sprung a leak. DH is up there now, banging around. He's no handy-man , if we didn't have a problem before, we'll have on when he's finished.. Fortunately, I have to be out all day today. By the time I get home I am predicting that a plumber will have been called in to investigate and solve the problem ..!!

Better go. Enjoy the season.
Marion.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home